MLB Discussion

that fister trade was bad, man. i mean i don't know anything about those prospects, but it seems like they could have gotten a much bigger return. if lombardozzi is the marquee name, something is wrong.

if kazmir is in, who's out? brett anderson?

griffin, parker, straily, kazmir... am i missing someone?

Jim Johnson to A's for Jemile Weeks. In other words, Jim Johnson to A's for free.

haha, exactly what i thought when i read the text from espn. i'm surprised the orioles didn't try to deal with another team. i feel like the a's are a savvy ballclub and someone like the reds or indians would have gladly overpaid for johnson. no matter. however i didn't know grant balfour was a free agent so this is certainly interesting.

that fister trade was bad, man. i mean i don't know anything about those prospects, but it seems like they could have gotten a much bigger return. if lombardozzi is the marquee name, something is wrong.

if kazmir is in, who's out? brett anderson?

griffin, parker, straily, kazmir... am i missing someone?

haha, exactly what i thought when i read the text from espn. i'm surprised the orioles didn't try to deal with another team. i feel like the a's are a savvy ballclub and someone like the reds or indians would have gladly overpaid for johnson. no matter. however i didn't know grant balfour was a free agent so this is certainly interesting.

Gray. And Millone as depth. Someone is going to be moved.

joe nathan close to signing with the tigers. that'd be pretty huge. i like how brian wilson turned down the tigers. "yeah, fuck possibly winning another championship, i just want money now..." (edit: i guess wilson's close to re-signing with the dodgers, so it makes more sense now.)

I do not like the Sox signing Pierzynski at all.

for a guy who pretty much had two of his better or best years the last two years, i think it could have been worse as far as a one-year deal goes, but i dunno.

Not huge on the Nathan signing. We just went through the frustration of a once great but over the hill closer blowing up.

I realize Nathan has had a better career and is coming off a great year, and at 2 years, it's not going to cripple them even if it goes south. Just not the move I would have made. I would have resigned Veras, let him and Rondon duke it out for the closer spot, and traded Castellanos for a closer if all else failed.

Or signed Balfour.

Would like it if the Tigers signed K-Rod. I know he has been up and down lately but a 2.7 ERA last year, his worst year is 4.38 (not great, but many good pitchers have done worse. Nathan's worst was 4.84 only 3 years ago), is only 32, and doesn't seem like he is getting a ton of attention in the FA market.

Would trust him with the 7th or 8th inning role.

I mean, it is probably an upgrade at the position but I'm sort of meh on it as well. 

I can only speak on what I've read, seeing as I've never met him, but he has a very bad reputation in the clubhouse.  I've even read some former team mates go as far as saying he's a cancer in the clubhouse.  So we'll see.  The one year deal isn't bad though.  If he doesn't work out at least they're not stuck with him for long.