MLB Discussion

Don't get me wrong, I love all three guys I just feel like that rotation needs a veteran presence.

I can see that. Malholm should be solid if they re-sign him. In terms of maybe bringing in a veteran for the benefit of the younger players, who is out there for FA. Hudson would have been the choice from that category, who they going to sign? Josh Johnson? Dan Haren?

i would've liked to see them bring hudson back too without the expectations of him being a #1, and then they could get maholm out of the rotation. he's simply not good. 1.41 WHIP? maybe you can just trade him to the angels, they'll probably dump a decent reliever for him

in other news, the reds continue to be bonkers: http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/post/_/id/42392/reds-think-joey-votto-walks-too-much

i'd have to guess they'd move miggs to first with this kinda move.

Kinda.

If they were willing to move him there to begin with, you couldn't completely rule out the possibility that they replace Prince with a relatively big FA bat -- someone like Napoli or Choo. Victor Martinez is capable of playing first.

I believe they will move Miggy back, though.

We all knew the Prince deal was probably going to be bad in 5 or 6 years. No one really expected it to sour in 2 years. The idea was "do whatever to win a championship right now" so if Prince can't get a single postseason RBI...time to pack his bags.

I think regardless of what else happens, this gives them the financial freedom to make Miggy a tiger for life, which is the best outcome of thus entire trade.

The "Yankee" Complex just kills me. Is Cano a very good 2nd basemen? Yes. Is he the BEST PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE MLB? Lol.

You would think that if he was truly confident that he is going to sustain his 2010-2012 stats for the next ten years then he wouldn't be worried about a ridiculous 10 year deal. He could get 3-4 years at $30 mil no problem.