NFL Discussion

watching Kolb get knocked around tonight has been hilarious. Seriously how are the Cards 4-0? (I don't pay attention to them at all).

Because the defense has been playing well and Kolb hasn't been making senseless mistakes. Their biggest issue is on the offensive line. Injuries have hurt what was already expected to be a poor offensive line.

Did you even see the first 4 games? They were hardly just skating by on luck.

OT FG win, thats luck of the coin flip

won in Seattle on the luck that Seattle didnt score on that final play on an extra TO given to them

won because the most accurate kicker in the league missed a FG in new england

not taking away from the defense playing as well as it has, but 3 out of the 4 wins could be seeing as won just by luck. cant say that my team hasnt in the past had long runs of luck with Brent Favre as QB

Did you even see the first 4 games? They were hardly just skating by on luck.

this.

last night was "typical cardinals" though. o-line is absolutely awful - maybe the worst ive ever seen on this team - and it needs to be fixed immediately. a team that only puts up 17 points is very beatable but not if your qb cant do anything.

it's hard to say they were lucky to beat the patriots. lucky that gostowski went shank-city, but the pats were lucky to get the ball back in the first place.

No opinion of this team (haven't watched a single game), but Mike, how many games do you think they would win on average per season if they played 1 million seasons? If they are "truly" a 4 - 12 team and just lucked into a 4 - 1 record to start, the odds of this are (1/4)^4 X (3/4)^1 X 5 = 1.4%. The probability a "true" 4 win team starts 5 - 0 on luck is about .1%.

So a 1.5% chance that the team has 4 or more wins at this point (assuming the 4 wins number. I had to use something). It's getting to the point where you can't dismiss them as a statistical deviation, but 1 in 100 isn't THAT big of a longshot.

It's easy to make a case that any game that wasn't decided by more than 14 points has a lucky component to it.

im just saying they were as lucky to have him miss the field goal as the pats were to recover the fumble.

i would say hixon. he pretty much split looks like cruz for most of the game last week. and i definitely expect (and hope for) eli to make it rain today.

heres where im stuck... danny woodhead or ronnie hillman?

That's a tough one.

Woodhead didn't have any carries last week, but did have some receiving yards and a TD. With Ridley and Bolden he is not likely to see many carries if any. The Broncos have a tough rushing D too.

I am a fan of Hillman. I don't know how many carries he will see, but Fox and McCoy seem to be wanting to give him a chance. He is a solid 3rd down back and may be put in on goal line to punch it in (that's what she said).

I would start Hillman, but I am a Broncos fan though.

i feel like hillman is the safer call. if they were each to get the same amount of looks, id expect woodhead to make more of it. but the problem with the patriots is that you never ever know who brady is going to give the ball to.

hillman is at least the number 2 back, and i feel like hes more likely to get the touches over woodhead.

but im also willing to bet neither of them has any impact at all on this game.

starting eli is pretty sweet right now.

my opponent starting cruz is less sweet.

but ive also got tynes and baltimore D going. my teams stackin up right now!