NFL Discussion

It's unfortunate that Kaepernick has only gotten worse since the Super Bowl run

Although I personally wouldn't choose him to be my QB (Not the style I prefer) I actually think he has been fine. Last year was his first full season, and to have 21 TD's vs 8 pics is not bad by any stretch. Then this year through 11 games 15:6. And a QB rating over 90 each year. There are plenty of QB's I'd say are far worse.

He's shaping up to be the best QB of the 2011 class. It's either him or Cam.

Although I personally wouldn't choose him to be my QB (Not the style I prefer) I actually think he has been fine. Last year was his first full season, and to have 21 TD's vs 8 pics is not bad by any stretch. Then this year through 11 games 15:6. And a QB rating over 90 each year. There are plenty of QB's I'd say are far worse.

You could throw Dalton in the mix for top QB of that draft class, but in all honesty no one from that class is that special. 

You could throw Dalton in the mix for top QB of that draft class, but in all honesty no one from that class is that special. 

I agree, no one from the 2011 class is incredibly impressive (With exception to Newton's rookie season), especially after looking at the 2012 class. But honestly imo Dalton's limited success has been a product of a talented group of weapons and solid defensive play. I'd say he is the third best QB in the group, with Mallett potentially surpassing him if he can get something going in Houston.

He's ok. But 3 years in and he's still all hype.

The best game of his career was probably his first start, Monday night vs Chicago after Alex went down. It won him the job and he's only come close to that game maybe 4 times since.

The best game of his career was probably his first start, Monday night vs Chicago after Alex went down. It won him the job and he's only come close to that game maybe 4 times since.

I can agree a bit there. As I said, He wouldn't be my selection for the position, and he's definitely not a top 10 choice for me for sure. Maybe somewhere around 15-17. But realistically, given all the starting QBs in the league I could live with Kap for sure haha.

I agree. Kaepernick is nothing more than an ESPN creation. He pretty much has lived off the Green Bay playoff game and really hasn't done much since to prove that he is a "star".

I agree, no one from the 2011 class is incredibly impressive (With exception to Newton's rookie season), especially after looking at the 2012 class. But honestly imo Dalton's limited success has been a product of a talented group of weapons and solid defensive play. I'd say he is the third best QB in the group, with Mallett potentially surpassing him if he can get something going in Houston.

I'm going to disagree in that Kaepernick has had better weapons over Dalton since they both have been starters. Kap has had Gore, Crabtree, V. Davis. Boldin, Moss, Manningham as well as a few others. He's had a better support system overall. Dalton has basically had AJ, Gresham, Bernard, and now Sanu and not much else. I'm not sure I would call Jerome Simpson, Hawkins or Marvin Jones as weapons. 

I agree. Kaepernick is nothing more than an ESPN creation. He pretty much has lived off the Green Bay playoff game and really hasn't done much since to prove that he is a "star".

I'm going to disagree in that Kaepernick has had better weapons over Dalton since they both have been starters. Kap has had Gore, Crabtree, V. Davis. Boldin, Moss, Manningham as well as a few others. He's had a better support system overall. Dalton has basically had AJ, Gresham, Bernard, and now Sanu and not much else. I'm not sure I would call Jerome Simpson, Hawkins or Marvin Jones as weapons. 

I wasn't saying that Dalton had more weapons. I think that Kap probably has had a better overall team these last few years. Both players have been productive in some capacity, I just think that Dalton leans more on his teammates than Kap. My problem with Dalton is his lack of arm strength and his tendency to make bad decisions. The stats would support this as well. 

Sanu is as good as any second receiver in the league outside of places like Atlanta and Denver. And as far as a third big guy Jones is not bad either. I really thought they made a mistake in letting Hawkins go. And Jerome Simpson is an average TE in the league really, Eifert however, has the talent to be something special.

Oh and imo Hill should take over ahead of Bernard. I like Bernard but Hill could shape up to be a force.

I must be more of a 49ers homer than you if that's how you feel because I completely disagree about the hype statement.

And to your second statement, he had a 133 passer rating in that game. I would take 5 games like that from a QB in 2 and a half seasons.

And to people who think Kap is the problem with all of his "offensive weapons" put on some tape of Vernon Davis in the last 6 games, or watch the offensive play calling on first downs. If the 49ers ditch Roman and Kaep still is "struggling", then I will agree with you.

I don't get what makes you think he's been "living off the green bay game" considering he has drastically cut out his read option runs and designed qb runs especially this season. If there is anyone who is surviving solely off of read option its Russell Wilson.