NFL Discussion

your question makes no sense. Would I want to lose the Super Bowl regardless of running back? No. Am I ok with taking a shot through the air? Yes. Marshawn Lynch has never been stuffed or fumbled? Guys have gotten stuffed 4 times in a row on the 1. Goal line is tough.

You have to play it conservative there. Running is one way to do that. It's not the only way. People are acting like he would have just danced into the end zone untouched.

You would be ok losing the Super Bowl like that when Marshawn Lynch is in your backfield? No offense dude but wtf are you talking about?

That's my thing. If the SeaHawks were my team we lost because we got stuffed four times running the ball, I'm okay with that. Theres not enough space IMO to squeeze that ball in there. Had to be a perfect throw

I just saw the full highlights from the game. That catch by Kearse at the end was fucking amazing.

And I agree with what basically everyone here is saying and all the commentators are saying, you feed Beast Mode right there. I dont care what else is up. You give him the ball. Hell you give him the ball 4 straight times. I cannot believe they decided to pass on the goal line. Ridiculous call.

That's on wilson, not coaches. That's all I was going for.

There is certainly an argument there for both. On one hand, regardless of the call, you expect your guys to execute the play that is called to the best of their abilities. Wilson did not there. However, there is certainly something to be said for putting that moment, on that spot of the field, into the hands of your weakest combination of offensive attack (QB, WR). Wilson has played great his first few years in the league, and if he keeps up the growth he could become one of the greats, however, at this point he is little more than a great game manager and they have one of the more underwhelming receiving corps in the league. Their running game is literally the best in the league, and they have arguably the best RB in the league. You gotta make a call to your team's strength in that situation, thus it can certainly be regarded as a poor play call.

Of course all of that is easy to say it in retrospect, but at the same time 2 yards? Lynch is a no-brainer.

I'm wondering if any reporters will have the balls to ask Marshawn a question

supposedly someone did. on espn they showed a tweet from a reporter who asked him if he was surprised he didnt get the ball on the goaline. his response was something along the lines of no because its a team sport.

i wouldnt even have the balls to approach him right now.

how many "get ride of pete carroll" people will we hear about because of that pass call? I am still besides myself. I have no allegiances in this game at all. but I find myself absolutely disgusted with with that play call. I would take my chances giving Beast Mode the ball 3 straight times than throwing it on the goal line.Carroll's reasoning for throwing was because they didnt like the matchups they had in the situation. Are you kidding me?! Call a damn time out, get your team set up how you want and give the damn ball to Lynch.

As a Pats fan I smh at Seattle not going with Lynch. I was getting up to go to the bathroom when the INT went down. Almost punched the TV in excitement.

I agree. Per my wife, I supposedly started doing the "angry happy man march around the living room". But I would like to believe being a pats fan, that lynch wouldnt have mattered. And just saw an espn stat that said, out of 5 times during the regular season, lynch was 1 in 5 on 1 yard TD runs (im pretty sure that was the stat, but its from memory). So...

Carroll doesnt call offensive plays, thats that Bevell dude.  

whats Wilson going to do next year, all 4 WR are free agents, Lynch is a free agent.  Actually, whats Seattle going to do, Wilson is in the last year of his rookie contract... who do you sign/extend?  Wilson?  Lynch?  no WR?  Seattle is in a pickle, and its going to be interesting to see what they do

Big? I would hope not. Lynch is 28. RW is going to fetch $110 mill+. Lots of other pieces to lock up.

Apparently it's been reported the contract they're offering would have him slated to make $10M next year, which is pretty insane with the declining RB value. But, it could be a heavily front loaded contract so when it comes to resigning Wilson and other who are still on their rookie contract there will be space.

I'm interested to see the rest of that contract. I don't really think any RB in the league is worth more than 7M a year, with most of the starters being around 4M imo. I wouldn't want Dallas to resign Demarco for anything over 5M a year, and that's only if they can restructure Romo's contract (and of course the grossly over payed CB Carr).

Apparently it's been reported the contract they're offering would have him slated to make $10M next year, which is pretty insane with the declining RB value. But, it could be a heavily front loaded contract so when it comes to resigning Wilson and other who are still on their rookie contract there will be space.

I'm interested to see the rest of that contract. I don't really think any RB in the league is worth more than 7M a year, with most of the starters being around 4M imo. I wouldn't want Dallas to resign Demarco for anything over 5M a year, and that's only if they can restructure Romo's contract (and of course the grossly over payed CB Carr).

I mean I get "player loyalty" since Lynch has been 90% of the offense in their recent success besides Wilson's heroball tactics, but even Frank Gore, who has had a lot more to show for his current franchise over his career, only made $6 mill in his age 28 season.

The game ending like that was very reminiscent of a Chargers vs Rams game this season. The Rams are marching down the field at the end of the 4th quarter and Chargers can't stop them. 1st and goal on the 2 or something. And all of the things you do, you trust Miles Austin to throw it in instead of just running the damn ball. Interception and my Chargers win somehow. Pete should have Jeff Fisher on speed dial.

But yeah, Seattle is going to be in trouble next year, you have Arizona actually ready for another run again next year (unless Carson gets hurt again), Rams quietly getting better, and the 49ers figuring themselves out while still being okay. Good luck in that division.

Big? I would hope not. Lynch is 28. RW is going to fetch $110 mill+. Lots of other pieces to lock up.

$110million over how many years??  the money QB's get is out of control.  Wilson has won 1 superbowl and been to another on a couple of freak minutes and HE'S going to be the highest paid QB?  what. a. joke

http://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

$110million over how many years??  the money QB's get is out of control.  Wilson has won 1 superbowl and been to another on a couple of freak minutes and HE'S going to be the highest paid QB?  what. a. joke

http://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

After that last play, pretty sure that knocked off a couple millions off that deal. It may not have been Wilson's call but it sure was him executing that play and making it so easy for Butler to read. What's crazy about Wilson throwing is that he could have done so many different plays if they did want to throw. Hell he could have bounced out perhaps and ran it in himself. But nope, of all the times to stick to your coaches' plan, you do a simple play that has an easy read. Not to mention the fact that it wasn't Baldwin, Lynch, or even the surprise Alexander. Nope throw it to Lockette.