NFL Discussion

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2008/01/cold-weather-effect-on-scoring.html?m=1

Cold argument in GB game is bs, so I hope you are banking on more than that.

The cold weather does hold, it affects all sides of the game, not just offense, it affects defensive players too, which leads to higher scoring games.  also, have you ever caught a football in zero degree weather?  I have, its a rock.  now imagine it being thrown by a professional QB.  players used to mention how Favre would break their fingers in the playoffs at home because of how hard he threw the football.  it'll be a fun game to watch, but to think that extreme cold weather doesnt affect the outcome of players on the field isnt true. 

and what qualifies as "cold" in those excel cells?  32?  20? 10? 0?  playing in 32 degree games are much different than those in zero degrees. 

edit - nevermind, the website didnt fully load for me, had to look at it on my phone to see the full text and the link to how they designate temps 

had a chance to go to the game for free this weekend but turned it down because 
1. it's fucking cold
2. last time I went to a playoff game they got smoked by the Giants
3. The Packers are probably going to lose
4. it's going to be really fucking cold

I'd freaking totally go if I were you! Dude, snowy/brutal weather means there's going to practically be no defense OR offense on the field, it's just going to be about who can make the least mistakes! Packers have a solid chance at winning this game!

I'd freaking totally go if I were you! Dude, snowy/brutal weather means there's going to practically be no defense OR offense on the field, it's just going to be about who can make the least mistakes! Packers have a solid chance at winning this game!

Its going to be a high of -4, standing in that temperature for hours suuuucks, I dont fault any fan who doesn't go

I went to the 2011 Divisional Game at Lambeau when the Giants beat the Packers badly - that was not fun.  

honestly I would go if it wasn't a late Sunday game where the temp may get to 15 below.  No thank you.  I have a 55" HDTV that's good enough for me

I went to the 2011 Divisional Game at Lambeau when the Giants beat the Packers badly - that was not fun.  

honestly I would go if it wasn't a late Sunday game where the temp may get to 15 below.  No thank you.  I have a 55" HDTV that's good enough for me

I feel you! I live in southern California so I can't judge

Saturday Predictions

Chiefs 38-Colts 31 (I see KC's defense setting up the KC offense with fantastic field position)

Saints 34-Eagles 28 (I see Philly leading early and eating a lot of clock, but not enough clock, Saints methodically orchestrate successful 4th quarter drives to win this one on the road)

Saturday Predictions

Chiefs 38-Colts 31 (I see KC's defense setting up the KC offense with fantastic field position)

Saints 34-Eagles 28 (I see Philly leading early and eating a lot of clock, but not enough clock, Saints methodically orchestrate successful 4th quarter drives to win this one on the road)

Chip Kelly eating clock?

Does Green Bay sell saki? It'd be perfect.

I'm also reading a lot of, "Chargers barely beat the Chiefs second team." I'm not going to deny the weight of that argument. There is some validity there. However, people need to remember Chargers vs Chiefs is a rivalry game. There is so much scouting information between the two. Most rivalry games are close in the NFL for that very reason. It was also the 4th win in a row for the Chargers against the Chiefs (swept them 2 years in a row) so I'm sure they were fired up and really wanted to get looked at as back ups for possible starting roles. I don't feel there's a team in the NFL playoffs with an enormously upside of talent (Ok besides the Broncos) that would mandate them an instant victory. It's going to go down to which team makes the least mistakes, no overpowering in these playoffs! (All hearsay but I'm just excited about these playoffs in general!)

Cheers to your wildcard weekend!