NFL Discussion

honestly, i really was not happy that they were stuck with starting Geno from day 1.  I love that kid, but he needs a year or two under his belt learning the speed of the NFL before he'll be effective.  I think he has potential, but man, talk about being thrown to the wolves in his rookie season

while i said earlier, i'm happy ryan kept his job because he definitely has the love of the locker room.  lets also not forget the reason geno started day 1.  that was possibly the stupidest thing you could do with your starting qb during a preseason game.

from a gay rights and equality view, i think many players, fans, family, and friends would care.  a number of gay players were supposed to come out together this past summer, but it failed due to fear of being ostracized.  a huge name such as rodgers coming out (if he is in fact gay) would be a very welcoming way for others to feel comfortable to come out beside instead of living their lives in secrecy and some in fear

so i would say its worth caring about.  

ok when you put it like that, i totally agree. i guess i meant that it shouldn't matter. not that it doesn't matter. i just think it's insane that in 2013/almost14 that it's still a big deal for someone to be gay. i get that it's the biggest sport in America, but really?

ok when you put it like that, i totally agree. i guess i meant that it shouldn't matter. not that it doesn't matter. i just think it's insane that in 2013/almost14 that it's still a big deal for someone to be gay. i get that it's the biggest sport in America, but really?

i gotcha.  from the sound of it, locker rooms, coaches, teams, and most fans are ready, however; there are always a few bad eggs and incognitos that ruin people from feel comfortable in their own skin.  

i'll tell you who isn't ready for it.  the media.  they will exhaust it until the point where nobody feels comfortable coming out again due to constant 'demand' to report.  thats what would of been so unique about the group of players coming out together.

i gotcha.  from the sound of it, locker rooms, coaches, teams, and most fans are ready, however; there are always a few bad eggs and incognitos that ruin people from feel comfortable in their own skin.  

i'll tell you who isn't ready for it.  the media.  they will exhaust it until the point where nobody feels comfortable coming out again due to constant 'demand' to report.  thats what would of been so unique about the group of players coming out together.

yeah i could definitely see the media doing that. Fox has so much NFL coverage, and well, Fox News is Fox News...

What's funny about coming out as a celebrity is that if someone comes out (like Robin Roberts) a lot of people online (not here really) posts comments like "Why do I care" and "who cares?" and "why is this news?" Then people (potentially an athlete like Aaron Rodgers) never publicly has said anything about his sexuality (because it should be a non-issue) and then they might get outed and people are shocked, some are outraged (sadly) and then people ask "why did they hide this?" Aren't there people who never publicly come out and get all types of pressure and stupid questions. That why I really don't understand when people keep insisting who cares...

All of my Lions fan buddies are thrilled that Schwartz is gone, but a few wanted to see the GM get the boot too. I'm still riding high on that nail biter of a game between Green Bay and Chicago. What a fantastic game and outcome. I'm too excited to see the Packers ride out adversity and make the playoffs.

i think they will have to take it back.  if he didn't break it, he didn't break it.

also, looks like the browns might get their guy.  mcdaniels is interviewing this week.

McDaniels would be a idiot to take that job.  He basically has 1 more shot to be a NFL head coach.  Why blow it on a less than ideal situation?