NHL Discussion

Re: Boston - they get a bit of a bad rap because Campbell's kid is on the team so some people think they get preferential treatment, and they're full of scumbags like Lucic and Chara. No one outside of Boston likes them. I do like Tim Thomas though. It's such a feel-good story for how hard he had to work.

Re: Boston - they get a bit of a bad rap because Campbell's kid is on the team so some people think they get preferential treatment, and they're full of scumbags like Lucic and Chara. No one outside of Boston likes them. I do like Tim Thomas though. It's such a feel-good story for how hard he had to work.

I can agree with this.

The Sabres were incredibly impressive against the Leafs, what happened?? So long as the Leafs keep losing I'm happy. Does anyone care about the Leafs in the US? It's insanity up here.

Surely you jest ;D There are thousands of Leaf fans at every road game they play, and they're not all Canadians on vacation. I'm Minnesotan, so I root for the Wild unless they're playing the Leafs. But I do get why they're hated(overexposure in part). I guess you wouldn't have cared for my old Leafs room:

http://www.brianandtrish.com/chexx.htm

I can agree with this.

That's what I figured. If your naming Bruins scumbags you left out Marchand. They are sort of the perfect team for that town though.

Anybody watch the WC alumni game yesterday? Seein Parent decked out in his gear was great. He fell and made it look like a great save - said in an interview he didn't think he was gonna get back up.

First goal was LeClair from Lindros and Recchi. I was a bit surprised at the cheer that Lindros got, but I guess he was wearing orange again.

Bruins are ridiculous... they're just too good.

Lindy Ruff needs to get out of Buffalo. Fourteen years is an eternity in the pro coaching world, and for some reason he doesn't have to perform. Something like 6 coaches have both won the cup AND been fired since he started his tenure here, yet he gets to coast on because he took a team (that he inherited from Ted Nolan and rode on the back of Hasek) to the Finals and had two Conference Finals appearances.

I hate when the trade deadline is approaching. I work at an ice rink so I'm around hockey every day (and love that part) but the conversations get tired and repetitive, and it's just funny/sad/annoying when people pass off internet trade rumors as legitimate things. "I heard Miller, some shitty prospect, and all of our trash that no one wants are being traded for this teams' superstar!" Yea? Why would they take our trash and give us a legitimate performer, and who's going to play goalie, smart guy? You're going to ride Enroth, backed up by McIntyre, to the cup?

Anybody else as anxious as me to see the first Rangers/Bruins matchup of the year? Rangers D is friggin' awesome right now. And combine that with Hank's goaltending they become a legitimate contender. Rangers are also leading the league in hits. You think they're big enough to stymie the Bruins' offense.

First meeting is in Boston, though, so hometown crowd will be a factor. Who do you think will take the season series?

The NHL called off plans Friday to realign and adopt a modified playoff format next season after the players' association refused to agree to the changes.

I hate unions. Are these reasonable concerns? I think they refuse everything just to prove they call the shots.

From ESPN: Two substantial player concerns emerged: whether the new structure would result in increased and more onerous travel; and the disparity in chances of making the playoffs between the smaller and larger divisions.

"In order to evaluate the effect on travel of the proposed new structure, we requested a draft or sample 2012-13 schedule, showing travel per team. We were advised it was not possible for the league to do that. We also suggested reaching an agreement on scheduling conditions to somewhat alleviate player travel concerns ... but the league did not want to enter into such a dialogue."