NHL Discussion

I hate Neil too, but it seemed that the hit was just a big-time collision. I don't see any supplemental discipline or a fine for it.

The game was pretty organized, but the Rangers had almost zero traffic in front of the net. When Anderson can see all the shots, he can stop them pretty easily.

Not looking forward to the possibility of Ottawa advancing.

Brian Boyle has a concussion. So it was a bad hit. It wasn't as bad as Torres' hit but, I'd say it deserves 3 games.

I didn't watch it, but the concussion could have come from his head hitting the ice. An injury does not ALWAYS mean a hit was dirty. This is why the discipline should not be based on the injury, only the hit itself.

Not a dirty hit at all. Neil caught him admiring his own shot, finished his check, lots of shoulder, basically two years ago everyone would say it was a perfect check. He got a concussion because he wasn't properly bracing himself for coming into the offensive zone and he got caught. No issue there at all in my books, but because it's Neil on Boyle everyone will call for his head.

I hate the Senators with a passion, so I never watch them, but am now.

Just before the clock hit 11:00 of the first period, the crowd was counting down and when it hit 11:00 exactly, they started chanting "Alfie! Alfie! Alfie!" I thought that was pretty cool. Do they do that often, or was it a welcome-back thing? Anyone know if it's facilitated by the jumbotron or anything, or how did everyone know to do it?