NHL Discussion

and by they, i mean any player who signed an enormous contract in the last year or two. that any contracts that drop significantly in the final years are being talked about as they were made to get around the cap

Honestly not a fan of this. Even though its what we did with Richards, I didnt even want to sign him for that long. I really hope long front loaded contracts like that stop. It kinda ruins the game. I can understand for players who are home grown and the face of your franchise like Crosbitch or Stamkos, but Brad Richards, Kovalchuk, and Parise getting long term deals like that is just dumb.

THIS is undermining the NHLPA by this bullshit, not some memo that TSN.CA posted a day or two ago, this was from before any negotiation meetings were put in place this week. dude is a class a troll.

Not to say the players are caving...they're not, but they want focus to remain on negotiations and away from petty memos to media.

tsn-twitter150_normal.jpg

I'm certain of this, based on number of texts received from players. They want a deal and want their leadership to focus on getting it done.

For the record, it was a player related source who provided the tip and the NHL reluctantly confirmed the story just before 6pm Fri.

Rather than criticize language of reports, PA leadership would be better served working on ways to make a deal for its players.

Formal or otherwise, the fact the owners are willing to cover the costs of Make Whole is in play. I'm surprised D.Fehr isn't more pleased.