NHL Discussion

Detroit signs Tootoo and Samuelsson. Really excited about Tootoo, I'd love to see him play with Abdelkader and Cleary and be a fantastic checking line. Samuelsson is always welcome back.

Holland also confirmed offers were put in on Parise and Suter.

Super bummed we lost Hudler though to the Flames. But he's been a dud the last few playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...

Carle signs to Tamba Bay, 6 years, average of 5.5 million.. that is worse than Jagr at 4.5, at least Jagr will sell tickets/merchandise. 5.5 for Carle is a joke.

What's with Tampa signing all the Flyers rejects this off season? Jagr will sell tickets for a couple weeks. Then he'll get injured and disappear all season.

both for 13 years, $98 mil. no thank you, good luck in minnesota guys, parise is worth it but holy over paying on Suter...

The worst part about it is that the addition of both of them don't really make them that much of a stronger team. They still don't have good goaltending and now have about one fifth of their salary cap locked up on two players for the next 8 years.

Bettman should have let the team move to Canada. I really can't stand him. Any time I see him on tv he always looks so shifty and sounds so condescending,

You can blame Toronto for that. The push to keep a team out of Ontario (owner of RIM wanted to put it in Hamilton) because of Toronto was insane. But fuck, they've been awful for years and chumps will still pay $300+ to watch them play from 50 rows back, they wanted to make sure that didnt go away. Another reason to hate that fucking bullshit franchise. Would love to see Phoenix go to Quebec City. Doan I think is the top guy to go for of what's left out there. There was a rumour Columbus wanted Segin, Kretchi (sp?) and Lucic for Nash when Boston went to bargain with them. I wouldn't trade any of those players even individually for Nash at this point, let alone even dream of considering all 3.