NHL Discussion

The Weber deal is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Rumours are Philly loses 4 first round picks or 2 first round, a second and a third. But it is Philly so I hope they do it because with Bryzgalov in net they'll never win anything and they'll completely fuck the future of their team.

it was Coultier and one of the Schenns and prospects for Weber... or... 4 1st rd picks. losing the 4 1st rd picks is a lesser risk than trading off 2+ NHL players and upper prospects for him.

Also, Nashville could trade any of the 1st rd picks back to philly for players... either way, Weber is going to Philly, and even by having their hands forced, losing those (more than likely) late round picks is a less of a risk than players who have made an impact already on the team.

fuck the flyers regardless.

This is also strategy for Weber. He's setting the bar early for what he's worth and what he's going to want, signing an offer sheet only works in his favour and shows Philly is as nuts as the rumours have made them seem. Four 1st rounds would be best for Philly because those are deep first round picks but I can't see a trade without a name going to Nashville too.

Plus, Philly has an offer in on Nash as well still and right now they just might be the only team crazy enough to give Columbus what they want.

Four 1st rounds would be best for Philly because those are deep first round picks but I can't see a trade without a name going to Nashville too.

Philly calls the shots here though, if a player goes in the spot of one or more of the draft picks, it will be on Philly's terms, not like Nashville can say "we want so & so or this doesn't happen"

I love the move, four (probably) late first round picks for Weber, it definitely means the end of Pronger, but is also a great replacement.