NHL Discussion

Fuck the Leafs are such chumps. I think Burke is one of the worst GM's of the last 5 years for sure but what a disgrace. This is why the Leafs will never do well, the organization is so fucked uo and backwards, who would actually want to work hard for them?

Burke should have been fired for sure, he fucked that team even worse but the timing was absurd and nothing will change. Especially now with even more pressure on, look for the Leafs worst season yet. Nonis will be fired at the end of next year.

I am all for the Flyers doing stupid shit to make them suffer. As for Burke, I disagree. I think he shouldve been given more time. Look what he did for Anaheim. When you're handed a franchise like the Leafs, there is going to be big pressure. I think he was finally starting to handle it. He brought in a guy like Phanuef, who was much needed. Brought in JVR. Signed Lupul who turned out to be huge for him. Ok so the Kessel trade wasnt very good. Every GM has a bad trade or signing. Look at Glen Sather. I was calling for the guys fucking head 3-4 years ago. Now with what he has done for the franchise and stopped his stupid ways, the Rangers are a winning team and a cup contender. Burke shouldve been given a little more time. Things were looking up for the Leafs. Just needed a goalie. And he was smart to not give up anything for a guy who isnt clutch and had a huge contract. Because Im sure if he did make that trade, Leafs fans wouldve been pissed 1-2 years later.

Also, I started contributing articles for a new site run by my buddy's new site. He writes for Fox sports. Yeah theres some errors on the site but its new and were working on making it better. Only the third issue! Point is I gave a preview of the East. The West will come next week along with a piece on Burke. My first piece so let me know what you think. Sorry Devils fans. 

http://grandstandgazette.com/2013/01/10/nhl-eastern-conference-preview/

I am all for the Flyers doing stupid shit to make them suffer. As for Burke, I disagree. I think he shouldve been given more time. Look what he did for Anaheim. When you're handed a franchise like the Leafs, there is going to be big pressure. I think he was finally starting to handle it. He brought in a guy like Phanuef, who was much needed. Brought in JVR. Signed Lupul who turned out to be huge for him. Ok so the Kessel trade wasnt very good. Every GM has a bad trade or signing. Look at Glen Sather. I was calling for the guys fucking head 3-4 years ago. Now with what he has done for the franchise and stopped his stupid ways, the Rangers are a winning team and a cup contender. Burke shouldve been given a little more time. Things were looking up for the Leafs. Just needed a goalie. And he was smart to not give up anything for a guy who isnt clutch and had a huge contract. Because Im sure if he did make that trade, Leafs fans wouldve been pissed 1-2 years later.

That's the overarching issue here is that there's too much pressure in Toronto. It isn't a healthy environment for any player to be brought up in, especially young prospects. Kadri hasn't played a full season yet and he's already been dragged through the mud a couple times. They'll lose him and I can't wait because he'll be a fantastic player on any other team. The inner workings of that franchise is such a shit show that the organization is a joke and what happens in the offices mirrors what happens on the ice; chaos, under performance and a half hearted effort. Guys like Sather had a plan, but more importantly, an organization that doesn't buckle under media pressure (it just sucks that in Toronto's case, they're one in the same). Conveniently you left out the Komisarek deal...

Thinking Pfaneuf is a good player or much needed is a typical Leafs statement. The guy is a an overpaid joke. If Burke was doing it right he would have stripped that team. But he can't because there's too much playoff pressure from the fans/media/organization in this country and thus the vicious cycle will continue of GM's picking up mediocre players and not being a real contender. If the line up got stripped as well as the coaching/GM position had been over the last decade, Toronto might have been in good shape by this year. 

This isn't meant to be a personal attack on you or your opinions. Living in southern Ontario I just can't fucking stand the Leafs or the "leafs nation". Leafs nation is exactly why their team will never be good. The firing looks bad for many reasons. People claimed Burke had a plan and to trust him, then the first year he has all the pieces in play he's slowly been putting together, he gets canned. So obviously, they never believed he had a plan or they knew it wasn't good, yet either way they still backed it initially and suddenly they don't when he has a chance to prove himself? To make matters worse they just fired him in a way that lacked any class or appreciation for a guy who has taken the blows (no matter how much he did deserve it) for a few years now. Fuck them. 

That's the overarching issue here is that there's too much pressure in Toronto. It isn't a healthy environment for any player to be brought up in, especially young prospects. Kadri hasn't played a full season yet and he's already been dragged through the mud a couple times. They'll lose him and I can't wait because he'll be a fantastic player on any other team. The inner workings of that franchise is such a shit show that the organization is a joke and what happens in the offices mirrors what happens on the ice; chaos, under performance and a half hearted effort. Guys like Sather had a plan, but more importantly, an organization that doesn't buckle under media pressure (it just sucks that in Toronto's case, they're one in the same). Conveniently you left out the Komisarek deal...

Thinking Pfaneuf is a good player or much needed is a typical Leafs statement. The guy is a an overpaid joke. If Burke was doing it right he would have stripped that team. But he can't because there's too much playoff pressure from the fans/media/organization in this country and thus the vicious cycle will continue of GM's picking up mediocre players and not being a real contender. If the line up got stripped as well as the coaching/GM position had been over the last decade, Toronto might have been in good shape by this year. 

This isn't meant to be a personal attack on you or your opinions. Living in southern Ontario I just can't fucking stand the Leafs or the "leafs nation". Leafs nation is exactly why their team will never be good. The firing looks bad for many reasons. People claimed Burke had a plan and to trust him, then the first year he has all the pieces in play he's slowly been putting together, he gets canned. So obviously, they never believed he had a plan or they knew it wasn't good, yet either way they still backed it initially and suddenly they don't when he has a chance to prove himself? To make matters worse they just fired him in a way that lacked any class or appreciation for a guy who has taken the blows (no matter how much he did deserve it) for a few years now. Fuck them. 

I actually forgot about the Komisarek deal. I have an article coming out next week about my view on the situation. As for Phanuef I disagree.  Phanuef was much needed for that team. He brings heart, soul, and toughness. For fucks sake he ended Michael Sauer's career! Its not confirmed yet, but theres no way he will return. Hes missed too much time and will never be the player he was. The Leafs needed that guy. He brings more than stats to a team. Overpaid? Possibly. But far from a joke. 

any transplants know anything about Center Ice? 

TWC still have this note: 

Due to the NHL lockout, the 2012-13 professional hockey season has been canceled until further notice.

NHL Center Ice will resume programming when the NHL labor dispute has been resolved. Please check back later for updates on the season.

Oi, all of you. I've recently started to get into watching the hockey so I signed up the the NHL Vault but I have no idea of what games to watch. Thanks to a friend from the US he convinced me to support the Red Wings so if any of you could suggest any really good Red Wings matches from the past that would be excellent.

Also, will the Apple TV app be open for registration when the season comes back or am I shit out of luck for this season?

Thanks

Ignorant/Uninformed Australian

xoxoxoxo

Here's a good place to start

http://youtu.be/LE8l-8eDcdg

I have one of those white LA jerseys. They always seem to have pretty cool ones, whether lacking in color (Any black/white/grey combos that they frequent) , engulfed in color (The gold and purple from the 70s and 80s), or really any design they've had so far are cool.

Anyone have a favorite jersey or logo?

God I miss old hockey.

No helmet? No problem.

You guys ever hear of an "anti-3 goal deficit pool"?

It's a cool idea.. And we could do it here.. Here's how it works..

Each person drafts teams.. Serpentine style until every person has an even amount of teams and not enough are left to continue. Then.. The last person with a team left that doesn't lose by 3 or more goals wins the pot.

So say 7 people join.. Each person would get 4 teams, and 2 teams would go "undrafted".

I think it'd be fun if we did that on here.. Each guy throws down $10-$20 and you could buy yourself a sweet record or something with the winnings.. If anyone is interested let me know.