NHL Discussion

seriously, Kovy might be staying in the KHL.  holy shit.  was joking about that post earlier... Vishnosky is coming back if the KHL honors the agreement with the NHL, but Kovy might not. 

where are you getting the latest from? Nothing would surprise me with this guy, but I still am doubtful because of how much he's already invested in a mansion in NJ and the possibility that Medvedev's claims the the players could legally stay is wrong. 

I'm assuming once the CBA is ratified he'll be back for training camp on day 1. 

But hey maybe we can go in full on rebuild mode early if he stays! 

don't mean to make this Kovalchuk-ville, but this is interesting:

Vladimir Shalaev, KHL Hockey Operations VP on Kovalchuk: "Kovalchuk received an offer [to play in the All Star Game] and is going to Chelyabinsk. Because the lockout is not officially over, the CBA will not be signed until Sunday. This is being reported by respected North American websites, including TSN and NHL.com. Ilya's contract in the KHL is still valid. Then why not go to the All Star Game? We are a little disappointed that other NHL stars hurried to go back. We reached out to clubs and to players. Asked them to stick around. But NHL GMs requested them to come back as quickly as possible, and they [players] listened. The fact that NHL training camps will open on Saturday? No player is required to attend them. There is no signed CBA - there are no employer-employee relationships. Does this mean that Kovalchuk will stay with SKA until the end of the season? Don't rush to conclusions. Everything will become apparent on Sunday."

NJ is better off without him, he's been a no show since he signed that stupid long contract.

you're trolling me now aren't you?

5th in league scoring last year

3rd in playoff scoring last year

led the team in goals in his 2 full seasons

My favorite was when he lost control of the puck in a shootout against the Sabres and Enroth hesitated to celebrate out of confusion.

that was pretty fucking hilarious. BUT he was lights out in the shootout overall last year (led the league in overall/deciding goals) 

Ok that's all with my almanac bullshit, good day!