NHL Discussion

you really do need to grow up.

It isn't?

Not really. Axl Rose explained it best when him and Slash used it in a song back in the 80's and got shit for it. It just means a lowlife scumbag basically. I hate when people get bent out of shape over this kind of shit. I dont see these words being as a direct insult to a race or culture. Granted they were and still can be used that way. But at the end of the day they are just insults that I would use towards anyone. I grew up in a very diverse area. Im half puerto rican half polish/swedish. You kind of have to understand where I come from to understand where Im coming from on this topic. Believe me, Im the least racist/prejudiced person in the world. It sickens me, but I dont let simple stupid words bother me. You know how many times Ive been called a spic? Who the fuck cares. Its a stupid word. 

Not really. Axl Rose explained it best when him and Slash used it in a song back in the 80's and got shit for it. It just means a lowlife scumbag basically. I hate when people get bent out of shape over this kind of shit. I dont see these words being as a direct insult to a race or culture. Granted they were and still can be used that way. But at the end of the day they are just insults that I would use towards anyone. I grew up in a very diverse area. Im half puerto rican half polish/swedish. You kind of have to understand where I come from to understand where Im coming from on this topic. Believe me, Im the least racist/prejudiced person in the world. It sickens me, but I dont let simple stupid words bother me. You know how many times Ive been called a spic? Who the fuck cares. Its a stupid word. 

I think you are trying to make a George Carlin/Louis CK-esque argument on this issue, but you aren't really dictating it right. Unless you actually feel the way you just expressed, in which case I think most reasonable people would feel differently. 

The words, in and of themselves, are not offensive. It's when they are contextually used in an offensive way. You committed the latter offense. 

But what's most important, did you vote for Brodeur for the NHL Cover Vote yet today? 

Fuck no. Im still bitter both Hagelin and Callahan are out. I voted Datsyuk and JT. I cant buy NHL 14 if Martys on the cover. How will he even fit?

You're right, going to have to wrap fatso on the front/back cover.

Good think Lundqvist wasn't an option, or we'd have the same problem with his pads. 

You're right, going to have to wrap fatso on the front/back cover.

Good think Lundqvist wasn't an option, or we'd have the same problem with his pads. 

Dude thats what I dont understand, is how he wasnt even an option. Dude won the Vezina and is nominated for it again this year. As much as I love Carl Hagelin, why the fuck was he an option over Hank? haha

Went to the game last night in Detroit and had a fucking blast. Glad the Hawks are falling into the Detroit trap. Keep losing your cool like that and this will be over quick. 

Also, Toews is the biggest fucking dink on the planet. He looks worse than Crosby vs the Flyers last year and just as useless of a leader last night. 

aside from the wacky bounce, paille's goal was very impressive. i can't believe how quickly he got to that puck, and the angle that he managed to score at was even more amazing.

Sens really shit the bed tonight. They came out so strong in the first period, had a rough start to the second but fought hard for the rest of it and then I dont know what happened but they just started playing awful. Really disappointing  I don't have much hope for them to win another game in this series...