NHL Discussion

The Sabres are stupefyingly bad.

They can't score goals, so you'd think the solution would be to create more offense. Instead the Sabres are using a soft 1-2-2 forecheck without bending and are still giving up a gazillion shots and odd-man rushes per game. Since they can't play defense anyway, go all out and send a hard 2-1-2 or 2-3 forecheck and see if you can play defense by holding the puck on offense.

Myers and Weber should never, ever play together again. Myers on that OT winner the other day was atrocious. Puck went right through him, and he softly skated around the net and watched the rest of the game. He might as well have been in the stands with a beer at that point, he was so out of the play.

I love watching all the hockey I can, but holy shit are they bad and Rolston is in over his head. He doesn't have any real solutions.

Interested in what Matt thinks, because I actually like Lundqvist as a goalie. But he has looked genuinely bad. Sure the D has been horrid (especially on "the Hertl goal") but he looks rather porous regardless. 

Wonder if that whole not talking contract during the season because its a distraction is actually a distraction. 

Being at that game, the Rangers defense was horrible if not non-existant. There was a play where both defensemen actually ran into eachother, and then gave the Ducks an easy breakaway. Granted the Ducks were firing on all cylinders last night, but the rangers played horribly. Only 1 goal was one that you really could hold Hank accountable.

Being at that game, the Rangers defense was horrible if not non-existant. There was a play where both defensemen actually ran into eachother, and then gave the Ducks an easy breakaway. Granted the Ducks were firing on all cylinders last night, but the rangers played horribly. Only 1 goal was one that you really could hold Hank accountable.

2887528_G.jpg

RBK Mighty Ducks jersey.

Bro Thorton is the fucking man for that gem. But Im still pissed NY didnt respond after that. They just let the Sharks take a steaming shit on them and swallow it basically. Disgusting.

I'm pissed about rick nash getting hurt, especially if he's gonna be out when the rags come to town

Youre telling me.

Interested in what Matt thinks, because I actually like Lundqvist as a goalie. But he has looked genuinely bad. Sure the D has been horrid (especially on "the Hertl goal") but he looks rather porous regardless. 

Wonder if that whole not talking contract during the season because its a distraction is actually a distraction. 

First of all that goal wasnt on Hank, he only let in 4 against the Sharks, Marty let in 5. The problem I see so far with this team is they forgot how to fucking play defense. Hank always starts the season a little slow. He is adjusting to the pads I think, but his defense is more of the problem. 26-3 shots were in the 2nd last night. Are you fucking kidding me? And AV is just as much to blame. Hes a soft pussy. I fucking hate him already. I normally am not one to breakdown this early (considering we went 0-4 2 years ago and then went to the ECF) But we seriously look like the fucking Blue Jackets. Team, shitty coach now our assistant coach, and zero defense.

And they did NOTHING when Nash got hurt. Absolutely nothing. Boyles mongo ass talked some shit to Stuart 2 PERIODS LATER...... If you fucking kill someone after that shit, the game doesnt end up 9-2.  Hes your fucking all star and you do nothing?! CUT LOGAN COTURES FUCKING HEAD OFF WITH A SKATE IF YOU MUST. Dont just sit there and let a fucking scrub Dman knock out your all star WHO FUCKING FOUGHT FOR YOU PUSSIES 2 GAMES AGO. Then you do nothing when he gets hurt or when a team is just embarassing you?! Fuck that. Legit disgusted with the last 2 games from this team. 

Now I liked the Hertl goal It was awesome/filthy. Would have done the same thing. But as a Rangers fan Im pissed they didnt respond and send a message instead of letting a kid who has been in the league for a week take a Cleveland steamer on their logo.

Never understood this. If you don't like it, don't let it happen. Would feel the same way if the situation was reversed. Of course, that's not really how the culture works, so I get what you mean. Hertl though was not on the ice again after the 4th goal.

Never understood this. If you don't like it, don't let it happen. Would feel the same way if the situation was reversed. Of course, that's not really how the culture works, so I get what you mean. Hertl though was not on the ice again after the 4th goal.

I think it was a great move but i can say from playing pretty much my whole life if i was on the Rangers in a blowout game like that and some new kid pulled that kind of move i would be pretty pissed. Its kind of disrespectful to your opponent, its basically laughing in their face and not taking them seriously. He just as easily could have deeked or picked his spot. 

Good on him for being able to pull it off and i guess if you're gonna do that in a game then late in a blow out is better than say a tied game. I dont hate it but i can absolutely see why some people would be mad about it. I think it is good for the game to have creativity like that though.

Watching the Coyotes skate all over the flyers is pathetic. Laviolette wasn't the issue the issue is the abysmal team Holmgren has assembled.

I'd take the flyers over this sabres team.

Also looks like kaleta is getting suspended. Not upset, because I loathe him. But the hit didn't look too bad, I prolly have to see a different angle though.

But they should have at least done something to somebody to say "hey were not just going to let you fuck us in the ass like this and take it like a bitch". Instead, they took it like a bitch and made me embarrassed to call myself a rangers fan.

But they should have at least done something to somebody to say "hey were not just going to let you fuck us in the ass like this and take it like a bitch". Instead, they took it like a bitch and made me embarrassed to call myself a rangers fan.

They started to do that against the Ducks, but the Refs had already caught on and were calling it on the Rangers making their situation worse. I noticed after the 4th goal was scored, no matter what, the rangers put a body on ANYONE they could, and it started to get heated. Then one of the Rangers took a tripping call, saw he was getting the penalty, then instagated a fight with someone who didn't want to and it just went south from there.

Also, Ashim got a penatly for removing his own helmet... things like that proved costly.

Yup. I can't stand the ducks jerseys now. It doesnt look like a hockey logo, its too long and narrow. And their 3rd jerseys with the different logo have that horrific red trim on them.

The trim (while appearing red-ish on camera) is actually orange, just a very harsh orange. I can tell you that the third is the lesser of the two evils amongst fans, but they put the mighty jersey in stores this year and released a shit load of merch embracing the mighty, and that is flying off the racks if not already sold out. Line went halfway around the arena just to get into the team store. A clue to the owners?

I personally feel that they steered clear of the mighty for 6 years to try to create this new non-disney identity, and now that the time has past, they will drop the home/away jersey, cake their thirds (which the players love) into the home/away and use the mighty jersey as a third jersey. There hasn't been any announcement of sellingn BOTH sets of goalie pads/masks for charity, or the jerseys/pant covers (etc) for charity, which is what leads me to believe that.