NHL Discussion

Vanek said he liked Buffalo, but didn't want to be part of the rebuild.

I'm still ok with the trade, I love draft picks. Hopefully Darcy won't be the one using them.

I'm also ok with another season like this next year if it means Connor McDavid.

saw him in Erie last year, kid is redic.  his production last year tailed off, but man he's on a hot start so far this year at age 16.  he could end up being the top pick in the 2015/16 draft.

Buffalo is retaining 20% of Vaneks salary, that extra draft pick makes more sense now. I think without that it would have been Moulson & the 1st for him.

And it sounds like the 1st is a conditional one, if its ends up being a top 10 the Isles can keep it and it becomes a 2015 pick instead of 2014.

Yeah but there was aaaaaalot of suffering before them.

I think the Leafs are on the right track, I wouldn't be surprised if they won one in the next few years.

If the Leafs win the cup in the next couple years I think everyone would be surprised, even the Leafs themselves.

Why? They have solid goaltending, a really good forward group and a pretty decent d-core. They are leading their division right now.

I could see them following the Kings footsteps, make the playoffs a couple times and then go on a run. Their D & bottom 6 just needs a little tweaking.

Why? They have solid goaltending, a really good forward group and a pretty decent d-core. They are leading their division right now.

I could see them following the Kings footsteps, make the playoffs a couple times and then go on a run. Their D & bottom 6 just needs a little tweaking.

they've had solid goaltending, forwards and d-men many times since 1967 and have been unable to make it to the cup since then, I dont see this year, or the coming years being any different at all.  there are other teams that are built better than them

they've had solid goaltending, forwards and d-men many times since 1967 and have been unable to make it to the cup since then, I dont see this year, or the coming years being any different at all.  there are other teams that are built better than them

They have Carlyle as a coach... I hate that man, but he did get the Ducks a cup. The leafs are building into a team that could go all the way. I agree with Ian.