NHL Discussion

Thats because you despise the Rangers. You shouldnt even call yourself a hockey fan if you honestly believe that. Just a Sabres homer. Because there is NO FUCKING WAY he isnt a top 5 goalie. He's the best goalie. And will prove that in the gold medal game. As if he hasnt already. Name me 5 guys you think are better so I can tell you how wrong you are.

It blows my mind how you honestly think Quick is better haha. Guy has only been in the league a few years, has an incredible team, and wins a cup. But overall he is a great goalie, but he's just not better than Hank. No doubt he played incredible today, but Im sure Hank would have as well in that game. 

1. Rask

2. Quick

3. Miller

4. Hank 

Would be my rankings. If Rask improves his mental game (which he has every single year) he'll be unstoppable. Quick is phenominal, great positioning, never gives up, 100% reliable. Miller is putting up top goalie numbers in fucking Buffalo. Hank is excellent for sure, and on INTL ice he thrives but just playing as deep as he does hurts him in the NHL. 

Actually, if you asked me the top 5 goalies in the NHL, I don't think he'd make the list.

That's an idiotic statement if I ever saw one. Just because you don't like Lundqvist and his team doesn't mean you can't admit that he is a top 5 goalie. The guy is a stud and has been for a long time. My current top 5 is below.

1. Rask
  2. Quick
  3. Lundqvist
  4. Price
  5. Rinne(If he was healthy, but since he isn't this is tough. It can be Miller, Bob, Smith, Niemi, Crawford, Howard)

Dude...the guy would have a shit ton of rings by now if it wasnt for shit D his first few years and a shit offense/power play. That guy until very recently was the only reason the rangers were in the playoffs. Nothing about his game hurts him. His own team hurts him.

I have no doubt he'd have a cup if he was on a better team. But at the same time Miller has literally NO ONE in front of him. I could probably walk onto that Buffalo D at this point and his numbers are still fantastic. Both Rask and Quick have a better team for sure but their great defence is built around a goalie that will not only make the first save but control it to exactly where it needs to go. Hank is amazing for sure, but when it comes to me choosing a goalie, I'm always going to go with who is proven. 

Hank is like Rinne, until they've got that ring or even get to a final on mostly their playing, people won't have them in their #1 spot. 

How disappointing. That lose yesterday seemed to really have an effect on them. Hope Mikael Granlund continues to play well when he comes back for the Wild. Or maybe he's just more comfortable on the big ice.

Anyways, I'm currently drowning my sorrows in root beer, and watching D2.

I have no doubt he'd have a cup if he was on a better team. But at the same time Miller has literally NO ONE in front of him. I could probably walk onto that Buffalo D at this point and his numbers are still fantastic. Both Rask and Quick have a better team for sure but their great defence is built around a goalie that will not only make the first save but control it to exactly where it needs to go. Hank is amazing for sure, but when it comes to me choosing a goalie, I'm always going to go with who is proven. 

Hank is like Rinne, until they've got that ring or even get to a final on mostly their playing, people won't have them in their #1 spot. 

Hank is like Rinne?! Are you kidding me?! Hank is the only goalie in history to get 30 wins in each season he's played with the exception of the lockout season last year). Not to mention he's brought his team to a conference final before. Rinne has what? 1 playoff series win? Come on. Miller is great, I never said he wasnt. I love Ryan Miller. But he's not better than Lundqvist. Rask is a good goalie, but also not better than Hank. The guy benefits from having a great time. Ive seen Rask many times over the last few years, and when the Rangers are in an offensive slump, its him who helps them out of it. Hence the term tukka takes a tumble whenever we play them.