NHL Discussion

Jonathon Tavares tore his MCL and is out for the season. I think this is going to bring up the question as to whether the NHL should still send players to the Olympics. I guess if Crosby got hurt then they would defrinitely pull guys out, but maybe since Tavares isn't a household name then they might still send guys to the Olympics.

I'd be extremely surprised if they pull out, you can't just pull out for 1 and then go back. For a lot of the players it means a lot to play for their country and they'll fight for it.

sure they can, hockey will always be in the olympics and the NHL/NHLPA is not locked in to participating, its decided in the years between each winter olympics.  if they decided not to participate in South Korea they could still come to an agreement with IIHL to participate in 2022 (potentially in Norway).

sure they can, hockey will always be in the olympics and the NHL/NHLPA is not locked in to participating, its decided in the years between each winter olympics.  if they decided not to participate in South Korea they could still come to an agreement with IIHL to participate in 2022 (potentially in Norway).

from what i've heard it isnt that simple, but im probably wrong.

Either way, id still be surprised if the NHL didnt go to 2018. Players are going to fight hard for it.

from what i've heard it isnt that simple, but im probably wrong.

Either way, id still be surprised if the NHL didnt go to 2018. Players are going to fight hard for it.

the NHL says that it wont take until 6 months before the olympics to come to a decision, they will make it quick this time, which is good news for everyone.  its not simple at all, i'll have toi find the article I read earlier this week about everything that goes into the NHL participating in the olympics, but I think the fact that the olympics have been in the US, Canada, Italy (europe) amd Russia since that first year in Japan is why the NHL has been willing to send players.  South Korea is not anywhere close to the Ice Hockey market those nations have with exception to Japan

I can't believe they choked away that two goal lead. I'm getting the same feeling I had when the Leafs choked away game 7.

Hopefully the USA can pull it out, but I don't like their chances.

And if they do lose, the gold medal was an inch away on that length of the ice shot that hit the post. Brutal.

What a horrible serious of events for our USA women. I'm all for canada winning but the refs clearly shifted the momentum of that game. USA came out in full force in OT then drew a PP to then be nixed for a "slash".

Congrats to canada though, sucks that their win is a bit tainted by horrible officiating. They deserved to win fair and square.