NHL Discussion

That same year, in 1985, Gretzky had 30 assists (18 games) in the playoffs. Three years later he had 31 (19 games).

He also set the record for most points in one playoff in 1985 with 47. Three ahead of Super Mario and in five (5) less games.

Jesus man, 17 goals and 30 assists in 18 games. That's insane.

That same year, in 1985, Gretzky had 30 assists (18 games) in the playoffs. Three years later he had 31 (19 games).

He also set the record for most points in one playoff in 1985 with 47. Three ahead of Super Mario and in five (5) less games.

And that wasn't even his best effort!

84-85 Regular Season = 208 points in 80 games = 2.60 points per game

85 Playoffs:47 points in 18 games = 2.61 points per game

85-86 Regular Season = 215 points in 80 games = 2.69 points per game

Now that's insane.

And it's funny -- all this drama over Ovalkin and their piddly 100+ race. Shit, Gretz had that before the Allstar break.

And that wasn't even his best effort!

84-85 Regular Season = 208 points in 80 games = 2.60 points per game

85 Playoffs:47 points in 18 games = 2.61 points per game

85-86 Regular Season = 215 points in 80 games = 2.69 points per game

Now that's insane.

And it's funny -- all this drama over Ovalkin and their piddly 100+ race. Shit, Gretz had that before the Allstar break.

i know, haha, it is funny how everyone is obsessed with 110 points in a season being amazing... but its true to say that its a different game now than it was back then.

detroit played really well today. i missed the first period but the commentators kept on saying chicago outplayed detroit in the first.

if detroit plays like they did today it's going to be a quick exit for the hawks.

after the game Pierre McGuire officially solidified himself as the biggest douche of a commentator. he's got an interview with osgood who is obviously feeling great after playing a good game and he asks him what it feels like for people to say he was detroit's weak link coming into the playoffs. i could possibly see asking that after the first round. but in the third it's just a douche thing to do. osgood's face was even like why the fuck are you asking me that. but it was nice to see chris just brush the question off by saying he's one of the most winning playoff goalies in history and he's like 10th all time for wins.

detroit played really well today. i missed the first period but the commentators kept on saying chicago outplayed detroit in the first.

if detroit plays like they did today it's going to be a quick exit for the hawks.

after the game Pierre McGuire officially solidified himself as the biggest douche of a commentator. he's got an interview with osgood who is obviously feeling great after playing a good game and he asks him what it feels like for people to say he was detroit's weak link coming into the playoffs. i could possibly see asking that after the first round. but in the third it's just a douche thing to do. osgood's face was even like why the fuck are you asking me that. but it was nice to see chris just brush the question off by saying he's one of the most winning playoff goalies in history and he's like 10th all time for wins.

Richards/McGuire 2012

I didn't get to watch the game, only listened to it, but it sounded great.

Mike Lange > life

I did catch the final two minutes and that was some intense hockey!

when they pulled Ward and had the extra attacker in the last minute... they were so good at keeping the puck in the zone! Pens had like 6 chances to clear it and each time a Canes player got his stick or body in the way.