NHL Discussion

of course.

i disagree. not many players will ever be as good as zetterberg in the two way sense. probably one of the best of all time. no bias, just zetterberg is a stud.

There's a chance he won't, but there's a chance he will too. You said NEVER as if it's concrete. Mario wasn't a great two-way player a few years into the league, but he became a better one of the years. Had he not had so many physical problems I'm sure he would have been better defensively.

Malkin was AWFUL in his rookie season defensively, but he's become drastically better this season.

Look, it's impossible to discuss anything with you guys. You hate Crosby so much that you'd probably take some career AHLer on him if you were building a team just to prove a point. You can dislike a player, but you lose tons of credibility when you make such blatantly dumb comments.

I need to stay out of these Crosby discussions!

What was Zetterberg doing when he was 21 by the way?

i've said it before...up until crosby's dive he was showing signs of maturity and definitely in the flyers series he was showing more of a desire to win than carter, danny, lupul, hell...at least 80% of the team.

that doesn't change the fact that the dive he had was the most shameful i've ever seen.

it's tough to learn defensive responsibilty if you are already a superstar, sure he will get better defensively but i still don't think he will go down as one of the better all time 2 way players.

Yzerman, Fedorov and Primeau were all drafted by the wings.

as for the other players you should learn to read as i clearly stated there have been exceptions over the years.

It's kind of hard to read when you lack the ability to type correctly. Sorry, but I can't read your wall-of-text posts.

wow. talk about about lowest common denominator. what are you going to do next pick on my spelling?

what a fucking douche.

watched this at a bar in melbourne for hockey night in melbourne. was delayed by a few hours. im rootin for the pens. but if the pens had of won it last year, id probably be goin for the wings this year. some great goals scored by the wings. the first game ive watched relatively live on the big screen. would of been nicer to see a better contest, but thats life. wings just looked too good in most aspects of the game. i dont know much about hockey, but it seemed the pens couldnt get near the goals for a decent scoring chance.

It's kind of hard to read when you lack the ability to type correctly. Sorry, but I can't read your wall-of-text posts.

wow. talk about about lowest common denominator. what are you going to do next pick on my spelling?

what a fucking douche.

I was being honest, not trying to be a douche. Why did you get so upset? I seriously think you have some anger issues, haha. I really can't read your writing half the time. It's not that hard to press the shift key every few words.

I recorded the game since I was out of town and had other plans that night.

Watched the first period late that night before succumbing to drunkenness. Thought it was shaping up to be a good match.

Turned it back on the following morning.

About mid-way through the second -- I think it was 4-0 at that point -- I shut it off and went online to see the final. I fully expected to see an 8-2 raping. Pit should consider themselves lucky it wasn't worse than what it was with the play I saw.

I presume Fleury was pulled at some point?

The Pens want it to go to a seventh game. Unless they need to do some work just to stay in the game 6 and not get blown out.

Well they do now but I'm sure they would have preferred to steal game 5 and close-out at home. I don't think Pens' fans should be too worried, they played a bad stretch and probably their worst stretch in the playoffs. They should be able to rebound but a game 7 in Detroit is going to be a tough one to win.

The Pens want it to go to a seventh game. Unless they need to do some work just to stay in the game 6 and not get blown out.

Why on earth would anyone want to play another game against Detroit?

And why wouldn't they want to win at home?

Don't understand this logic at all.

If they want the cup they have to play game seven if they don't want the cup they can lose the next game.

Why on earth would anyone want to play another game against Detroit?

And why wouldn't they want to win at home?

Don't understand this logic at all.

If they want the cup they have to play game seven if they don't want the cup they can lose the next game.

Well of course.

The way I read what you said, it seemed like you were implying they wanted 7 all along and the last game was all part of some master plan.