NHL Discussion

i wish he had stayed, he was, and would still be the best winger the pens could afford to have. i dont see how they'll ever match that caliber of a player while they have crosby, malkin, staal, fluery, orpik and letang locked up and accounting for 35 mil of the cap.

We never will unless we draft one.

It would have been Hossa or Orpik though. I like the way things have turned out though ;)

not necessarily true on either/or...

and we will get a top winger in a year or two when it becomes apparent that we wont keep crosby, malkin and staal after 13/14, someone will be dealt at that point.

montreal = a team who was overachieving and coming back down to earth

Philly = a team who was underachieving and now playing up to potential

I think Montreal have the capacity to step-up. They won the first two rounds with a great golatending and a very strong PK. Don't know what happen to Halak yesterday, especially on the third goal, and we gave 6 goals on our PK in the first two games. If they can put back on ice these two elements, i think they'll be able to face the Flyers.

montreal = a team who was overachieving and coming back down to earth

Philly = a team who was underachieving and now playing up to potential

I think that pretty much sums it up well. When Philly is pumping on all cylinders they're extremely good team. Leino, Briere, Richards, Gagne, Giroux, Van Riemsdyk are all top-6 tier NHL talent when they're on their game. And Carter, one of their best pure scorers is hurt. Not to mention Pronger is playing like a stud.

As a Flyers fan, last night was hard to watch. The defense, Pronger especially, looked terrible. Flyers took way too many penalties too.

Maybe somebody can help me, why do the Canadiens fans sing the "Olé Olé Olé" song? It's a Spanish soccer/bullfighting chant. It doesn't make any sense to me that a French-Canadian group of fans would adopt the song. Is there any history/reason to this? Shouldn't they be singing "Frère Jacques" or something?

Maybe somebody can help me, why do the Canadiens fans sing the "Olé Olé Olé" song? It's a Spanish soccer/bullfighting chant. It doesn't make any sense to me that a French-Canadian group of fans would adopt the song. Is there any history/reason to this? Shouldn't they be singing "Frère Jacques" or something?

it's funny that you're so tender that the flyers lost a game that you're questioning why habs fans sing that? who gives a fuck, they're having fun. just like how at red sox games everyone sings sweet caroline. but wait, neil diamond's from new york. how dare red sox fans sing a song by a dude from new york! shouldn't they be singing charlie on the mbta or something?

it's funny that you're so tender that the flyers lost a game that you're questioning why habs fans sing that? who gives a fuck, they're having fun. just like how at red sox games everyone sings sweet caroline. but wait, neil diamond's from new york. how dare red sox fans sing a song by a dude from new york! shouldn't they be singing charlie on the mbta or something?

It's nothing but a question douche bag. I don't care what they sing, I'm just asking if there's a reason why they sing that particular song. There seems to be some habs fans from Montreal that post here, so I figured it's a good place to ask. I'm glad they have fun. I like seeing fans get into it.