NHL Discussion

wait, brad, you think Laviolette is a better head coach than Quintenville?

One has won a Cup and one hasn't so I think that speaks to who is better.

laviolette has missed the playoffs 4 years out of the 7 years he's been a coach before this year. quenneville missed the playoffs only twice in 14 years... sure maybe he didnt win a cup, but year after year he could take a team to the playoffs, he did it for years in st louis... st louis!! laviolette is a good coach, but quenneville is better, in my opinion.

One has won a Cup and one hasn't so I think that speaks to who is better.

laviolette has missed the playoffs 4 years out of the 7 years he's been a coach before this year. quenneville missed the playoffs only twice in 14 years... sure maybe he didnt win a cup, but year after year he could take a team to the playoffs, he did it for years in st louis... st louis!! laviolette is a good coach, but quenneville is better, in my opinion.

St Louis had really good teams when the Mustache coached there.

Cup > Playoffs

St Louis had really good teams when the Mustache coached there.

Cup > Playoffs

q-stache won the cup as assistant coach for the avalanche :)

q-stache won the cup as assistant coach for the avalanche :)

Doesn't count. But you had some room to argue with Crawford who won a Cup but is a pretty bad coach.

so wait, it doesnt matter what a coach does the rest of his coaching career if he's won the cup, he'll still be a better coach than any other coach who hasnt?

Doesn't count. But you had some room to argue with Crawford who won a Cup but is a pretty bad coach.

so wait, it doesnt matter what a coach does the rest of his coaching career if he's won the cup, he'll still be a better coach than any other coach who hasnt?

No but that's not what I'm saying either. In this specific case I do not see the coaches being that far apart so I'm using the Cup as the differentiator. That said, I think the coaches are even. I don't feel either is measurably better than the other.