NHL Discussion

Malkin definitely.

Now, Green had 76 points last year and Semin had 84. I think Semin will have about the same this year, and Green might get a little more than 76. Do positions matter in your pool, or is it just skaters and goalies?

Also, it depends on what other goalie options you will have if you get rid of Bryzgalov. I don't think he will have as good of a year this year as last year, but if your only other option is Jose Theodore or something, you're better off sticking with him because there are lots of forwards out there, but not lots of worthwhile goalies.

Yeah, I definitely think I want to keep Malkin definitely. But on the other hand, I pretty much won last year because of the Capitals ridiculous +/- totals (Green was +39, Semin was +36, and I had Jeff Schultz who was +50). So that kind of makes me want to keep Green and Semin, and drop Malkin (who was -6).

As far as Bryzgalov, if I drop him then it will be luck of the draft as far as getting another goalie. He will definitely be a #1 goalie for somebody in fantasy-land.

Yeah, I definitely think I want to keep Malkin definitely. But on the other hand, I pretty much won last year because of the Capitals ridiculous +/- totals (Green was +39, Semin was +36, and I had Jeff Schultz who was +50). So that kind of makes me want to keep Green and Semin, and drop Malkin (who was -6).

As far as Bryzgalov, if I drop him then it will be luck of the draft as far as getting another goalie. He will definitely be a #1 goalie for somebody in fantasy-land.

i'll be shocked if the capitals team has +/- numbers like last year again. it was insane.

bryzgalov was also as good as the team in front of him, a team that has sorta changed this off-season, so I dunno if he'll be as stellar as last year.

Lastwordspoken, random question: Any chance you'll be going to see your rookies take on our rookies this Thursday in VA (our practice rink)?

I was looking into it, but I have to go get some state certification for my job Wednesday and Thursday. Are you going to it?

Lastwordspoken, random question: Any chance you'll be going to see your rookies take on our rookies this Thursday in VA (our practice rink)?

I was looking into it, but I have to go get some state certification for my job Wednesday and Thursday. Are you going to it?

Yeah I'm hoping to be there. I was at the game...2 years ago(?) and it got pretty intense, not going to lie. It's certainly fun to watch.

I don't think rookie tournament performance is really an indicator of what guys will do in the NHL. I mean, obviously a guy who just puts the other kids on blast and scores like 1000 goals is one thing, but playing well against OTHER rookies is like playing well against other AHL players.

Obviously, you'd think guys who play well in the tournament would probably get a crack at the NHL, but who the hell knows?

I don't think rookie tournament performance is really an indicator of what guys will do in the NHL. I mean, obviously a guy who just puts the other kids on blast and scores like 1000 goals is one thing, but playing well against OTHER rookies is like playing well against other AHL players.

Obviously, you'd think guys who play well in the tournament would probably get a crack at the NHL, but who the hell knows?

That's how you judge a player though. You see how they perform in these situations and if they look better than the rest then you assume they can make the jump to the next level. From what I've seen, which is very limited, Tangradi has just had his way. He's physically bigger and stronger than these young pups and it looks like he'd do a good job on Malkin or Crosby's wing.

I did see some comments from folks who've watched everything that he was floating around at times though and might need a little more seasoning. I don't think he'll make the big club to start the season anyways since we just signed Comrie and Asham.

also, way to go Lou

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/2010-09-13-devils-kovalchuk-fine_N.htm

The NHL fined the New Jersey Devils $3 million and is taking away two draft picks because the team's original 17-year, $102 million contract with Ilya Kovalchuk was ruled to be a circumvention of the collective-bargaining agreement.

That's how you judge a player though. You see how they perform in these situations and if they look better than the rest then you assume they can make the jump to the next level. From what I've seen, which is very limited, Tangradi has just had his way. He's physically bigger and stronger than these young pups and it looks like he'd do a good job on Malkin or Crosby's wing.

I did see some comments from folks who've watched everything that he was floating around at times though and might need a little more seasoning. I don't think he'll make the big club to start the season anyways since we just signed Comrie and Asham.

there is no need to have Tangradi play in the NHL in the beginning parts of this season though, the pens have a full roster and a number of AHL'ers who are in their final options of NHL/AHL, where as Tangradi has 42095273095 more years of it. he'll be up later in the season, but no need to rush him.

Rookie game was pretty cool. Not as intense imo as the last two years.

Refs sucked big time, and broke up the only fight between Bruess and Rinaldo (pesky son of a bitch he is). Caps ended up winning 4-3.

I was impressed with our big name rookies obviously (Johansson, Eakin), but I was impressed with Testwuide from the Flyers. Seemed like he was everywhere out there on the ice.