NHL Discussion

Malone is a Ranger. 2 way deal, 700k, 1 year. Stoked. Camp is going to be such a battle for the last 3 spots. I feel like Malone has a lot to prove and will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. If it works out, great! If not, its a 2 way deal and he'll be in the minors not costing us shit. Its a no risk, potentially high reward move from the Rangers. Imagine he'll get some playing time with Marty again who probably lobbied for him to Sather. Regardless the best mess you can have is a bunch of dudes battling for the last few roster spots so this will be amazing. Hoping Malone, Hayes, and Miller all make the squad with Glass and Lombardi not. Maybe keeping them as depth forwards. Same with Stempniak. 

Need 3 more people for the pool.. $100 prize.. Comeonnnnn

Also, if we get 10 people, instead of drafting teams, I'm gonna randomize the order 3 times to get the order and then all 30 teams 3 times on random.org and assign them in a serpentine pattern to make it less time consuming, otherwise the process would take forever, I'll take video of it to ensure I don't cheat.

Going to the season opener for the 6th year in a row baaaabbbyyyyyy, woooooo.

So far, I have witnessed: 2009, Khabibulin give the puck away with 50 seconds left: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdHoB3JpFMU

2010, Eberle's first NHL goal (nicest first goal of all time): 

2012: Nuge's first NHL goal, then we won in a shootout: 

2013 (Lockout year):  Oilers/Dubnyk get lit up for 6 goals in the first period/Yak scores his first.

2013:  Oilers blow a lead to the Jets and lose humiliatingly.  

LETS HOPE THIS YEAR IS BETTER THAN THE LAST TWO.  IM SO EXCITED.

Need 3 more people for the pool.. $100 prize.. Comeonnnnn

Also, if we get 10 people, instead of drafting teams, I'm gonna randomize the order 3 times to get the order and then all 30 teams 3 times on random.org and assign them in a serpentine pattern to make it less time consuming, otherwise the process would take forever, I'll take video of it to ensure I don't cheat.

i actually like the picking teams part, what if we do it on google chat or something instead of in pms

DeKeyser signs in Detroit for 2 yrs just over 2MIL. Thank fucking god. 

Charelli also confirming he's shopping defencemen. What we all figured but he confirmed it. Boychuk (obviously) and Bartkowski are the main pieces he's trying to dish. 

Blue Jackets look to 100% start camp without Johanssen. Crazy but he is asking wayyy too much. 

Same thing for the Blues and Schwartz apparently. But Blues forward depth is so insane with tons of talent in the AHL I don't know what he's hoping for.