NHL Discussion

ok, so I know a few people said they were interested in the anti-3 goal defecit pool this year.. looking for either 5, 6, or 10 people to do it. 10 would be sweet, more moneys.

rules: each person picks teams in a serpentine draft style in a group message on the boards. Depending on amount of people, it'll either be 5, 6 or 3 teams. Once a team loses by 3 or more goals, they're out. Once all 3 of your teams lose by 3 or more, you're out. If the last two teams go out on the same date, whichever team played less games wins. If both teams played the same amount of games, it'll be a tie and prize will be split. If we get more than 6 people but less than 10, only the first 6 will be included.

entry will be $10. (unless a majority wants to bump it to $20) if you don't pay by the first game of the season, you're out.

1. littlebistro

2. Ian Rees

3. Sirrichardrichard

4. michaelmanfredi

5. zephyrsonfrowell

6. kylekrische

7. 6heart6breaker6

8. Blanchardo Swald

9. Bear Chylls

10. Bsua (per Ian Rees)

When/how do we wanna draft? PM? Google? Aim?

Im a fan of NHL 15 for the next gen consoles. Its basically NHL 14 on 360/ps3 with half assed commentary from doc and eddie. No real NBC sports integration. 

As for my Rangers, Anthony Duclair is the real deal and needs to be on this team this year. He has at least 25 goals in him. He's just been torching teams during the pre season

A little bummed the Hawks let go of Nick Leddy. I thought the kid had future potential. But he was in coach Q's  doghouse last season and never even saw him in any preseason games. I think Q is a tough coach to please. We have a lot of young talent just sitting in the AHL and we've got too many 30+ guys. It's nice to be able to stock pile young talent but for fucks sake, let it loose. Brandon Saad, perfect example. 

Im a fan of NHL 15 for the next gen consoles. Its basically NHL 14 on 360/ps3 with half assed commentary from doc and eddie. No real NBC sports integration. 

As for my Rangers, Anthony Duclair is the real deal and needs to be on this team this year. He has at least 25 goals in him. He's just been torching teams during the pre season

looks like youll get your wish and hes staying

Are we still doing the anti 3 goal pool?

Also predictions!

West

1. Anaheim

2. St Lous

3. Chicago

4. San Jose

5. LA

6. Dallas

7. Minnesota

8. Colorado

----

9. Nashville

East

1. Boston

2. Philly

3. Montreal

4. Tampa

5. Pitt

6. NYR

7. Columbus

8. Islanders

__

9. Florida

I really think the Caps will look a lot better this year under Trotz and with some real defenseman on the blue line. I'm a Caps fan so take that with a grain of salt, but I definitely have them making the playoffs this year.

I really think the Caps will look a lot better this year under Trotz and with some real defenseman on the blue line. I'm a Caps fan so take that with a grain of salt, but I definitely have them making the playoffs this year.

to be honest i forgot about the caps, and should have included em. Not sure id take out though, i have a weird feeling about the isles being a playoff team this year and floridas going to be better as well.

So the tour Im on right now is at Bridgestone Arena, home of the Predators. I saw the trainer and asked if he had any broken sticks he was throwing out. He told me he did and gave me two, a Roman Josi and Colin Wilson game used sticks. Wilson's stick is the same one Stamkos uses so I gave it to my best friend who's a die hard lightning fan. Today has been such a great day. 

EAST

1. Boston

2. Tampa Bay

3. Pitts

4. Canadiens

5. Flyers

6. Rangers

7. Columbus 

8. Panthers

---

9. Islanders

WEST

1. St. Louis

2. Anaheim

3. Chicago

4. San Jose

5. Dallas

6. Minnesota 

7. LA

8. Vancouver

---

9. Colorado

1. Detroit playoff streak ends. The only hope we have is Cleary and Weiss sustaining full year injuries. Easily the two worst players on the ice all pre-season. Dats already isn't healthy and Zetterberg's back will strike again. I hate to admit it because they're my team and have made the playoffs every year since I was born but the dream may come to an end. 

2. Colorado will plummet. Varlamov can't keep it up, defence still really hasn't improved and they had luck on their side all last yr. MacKinnon can be the difference though. Wouldn't be shocked to see him put up 90 points and drag them into the playoffs. 

3. Vancouver gets much better. They have to. Even at the worst they've been in yrs they were still a bubble team. Sedin's will reignite with a finisher like Vrbata. 

4. The gap between Tampa and Boston will be less than 3 points. 

5. Panthers squeak into the post-season on mediocre play but more so due to full collapses by Toronto, Islanders, Devils and an injured Detroit.