NHL Discussion

It's not like Eichel is a crummy consolation prize.

Well, it's all good. I'm happy with Eichel.

I'm also hoping the Sabres use other assets to move up to 3 or 4 to get Strome. That way McDavid is even more sad when his linemates in Erie are both in Buffalo.

Hoping Eichel stays in school for another year, which he won't, so we can #TankForMatthews.

Nobody deserves to win the lottery. That's why it's a lottery. The Sabres had an 80% chance of losing. Arizona 86.5%, Oilers 88.5%, etc. We got lucky and that's that. Buffalo successfully, and debatably, immorally tanked, and as a result, finished with the 2nd pick, which is what would have happened 80% of the time.

The city deserves this.

Nobody deserves to win the lottery. 

Edmonton has won the 1st overall pick 3 TIMES and STILL SUCKS.  Its a complete joke you guys get McDavid.  Its also funny that the Oilers own the bankrupt Erie Otters and ending up with McDavid, and are now trying to get the OHL franchise sold off.  

http://www.goerie.com/erie-otters-file-for-bankruptcy-in-unusual-case

Edmonton has won the 1st overall pick 3 TIMES and STILL SUCKS. Its a complete joke you guys get McDavid. Its also funny that the Oilers own the bankrupt Erie Otters and ending up with McDavid, and are now trying to get the OHL franchise sold off.

http://www.goerie.com/erie-otters-file-for-bankruptcy-in-unusual-case

h8rs gonna h8

I don't see what a city "deserving" a fucking break after 9 years of incompetence and poor management has to do with a team deserving to win the lottery. My point was because everyone has such a slim chance, and it's complete luck. And I'm well aware of the Katz/Otters situation.

Fuck it. McDavid is ours. I'm happy, the city is happy. It's good for the city I've spent my whole life living in and defending. Edmonton isn't a shit hole, and maybe this will lead to players and people realizing that. No matter what happened, 29 teams were going to be less happy than 1 team. We got lucky, and the organization definitely doesn't deserve any breaks, because they have run this team into the ground through extreme incompetence. But it happened. Nicholson is CEO as of today. Everyone in the organization reports to him. He insinuated at changes being made, so hopefully he dumps Lowe and Mac T. Give Nelson assistant coach and beg Babcock to come.

But it happened. Nicholson is CEO as of today. Everyone in the organization reports to him. He insinuated at changes being made, so hopefully he dumps Lowe and Mac T. Give Nelson assistant coach and beg Babcock to come.

For your sake i hope this happens. Even though they are in our division id love to see Edm succeed, with that much talent they would be such a fun team to watch. Unfortunately until ownership cleans house and gets rid of the old boys club management will still ruin it.

Plus i still have a soft spot for Scrivens so id like to see a decent defense in front of him, if hes around long enough for that to happen.

I don't see what a city "deserving" a fucking break after 9 years of incompetence and poor management has to do with a team deserving to win the lottery. My point was because everyone has such a slim chance, and it's complete luck. And I'm well aware of the Katz/Otters situation.

You've kind of had 3 breaks in the past 5 years might be what he's saying.

THIS.

wasnt your (Edmonton, not you specifically) reaction about Hall almost identical?  Im pretty sure the arena was full on draft day, and there was a celebration.  And you've gotten 2 1st overall picks since him.  so..