NHL Discussion

great, you got YET ANOTHER 1st overall pick, I dont understand how you can STILL be excited after 4 in the last, what 6 years? How are you not pissed off at your home team for being, yet again, TERRIBLE.

I've become numb to their terribleness. It's expected now. Cheering for this team is not fun. But it's a pretty stupid question to ask how someone can be excited about getting to draft McDavid.

I've become numb to their terribleness. It's expected now. Cheering for this team is not fun.

As a Toronto fan I relate 100%. But some of the 'this organization is so imcompetent for so long stuff' is pointless. The Oilers are down, but they still have an amazing history with the greatest player who ever lived, and EVERY team has (sometime long) periods of being garbage.

I think it's fair that his Dad speaks for him. He's in the middle of a playoff series and he's only just 18.... 18 year olds aren't know for their media savvy...he did alright on HNIC but I can see why they didn't open him up to general questions....

Side note... I got tickets to the Otters/Ice Dogs game here in Niagara on March 22nd....of course McDavid was scratched...the whole place erupted with boos... I did get to see Strome win the scoring record with some unbelievable play.

It just bums me out that people find it necessary to shit on the city when they've never been here, and assume McDavid doesn't want to be here, and say that Edmonton is bad for him. He's a professional. He doesn't need his mommy and daddy next door. He'll be fine.

Did you see his face at the lottery? Lol not thrilled