New Minus the Bear EP

MTB Release Exclusive New EP, "Acoustics," Embark on US Tour!

Hello everyone! News!

Precisely one month ago MTB secretly entered the new Redroom studio in Seattle to bang on some acoustic guitars, tambourines, swizzle stix, snare drums, organ pipes, and vocal chords. What emerged is a new EP, ACOUSTICS, where we've re-worked some old faves into some rousing acoustic campfire gems. Also included is a new track, "Guns & Ammo," that we'll be premiering on our upcoming US tour (along with another new jam that is definitely not acoustic, if you know what i mean.)

The official press release and tour dates are below.

Hope to see you on the road, we'll be breaking out some oldies that none of you ninjas have heard live before. BOOSH!

--MTB

OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:

Minus The Bear is excited to announce the release of ACOUSTICS, an exclusive seven track EP available this fall. The self-released EP via Tigre Blanco Records will be available in two formats and feature newly recorded acoustic versions of fan favorites from the Seattle quintet's prolific career and one new track entitled "Guns & Ammo." Beginning October 7th, ACOUSTICS will be sold digitally via online outlets such as iTunes, Amazon and Emusic. Physical copies of the EP will be sold exclusively on the bands headlining tour beginning in Spokane, WA on October 8th.

A band known for their unique brand of rock n roll full of finger-taping guitar riffs mixed with memorable melodies and progressive arrangements, ACOUSTICS is an excellent inside look into the band's history of winning and entertaining a rabid and rapidly growing fan base.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Guns & Ammo (new track)

2. We Are Not a Football Team (from the album, Highly Refined Pirates)

3. Burying Luck (from the album, Planet of Ice)

4. Knights (from the album, Planet of Ice)

5. Pachuca Sunrise (from the album, Menos El Oso)

6. Throwin' Shapes (from the album, Planet of Ice)

7. Ice Monster (from the album, Planet of Ice)

Hopefully this gets put on vinyl!

cd, vinyl, whatever. i need to make sure i get a copy of this. new minus the bear is always a good thing. i'm pretty sure they're not coming anywhere near me though, which sucks. but i'm sure i'll be able to get a copy one way or another.

Yeah, this tour isn't really coming anywhere close to me...I know that I don't really know anybody on this board as of yet...but if anybody would be willing to be a pal and pick up an extra copy for me, I'd pay for the CD and the shipping (and a couple of bucks extra if I'm able to when this goes down)

Hopefully they end up playing the free UF show like it says they might on the Fest web site. Pretty stoked, although I imagine the for daytrotter songs will sound more or less the same.

Oh man, that would be so awesome! That would be the third time I'll see them on this coming tour (going to Chicago and Cleveland, too).

Yeah, this tour isn't really coming anywhere close to me...I know that I don't really know anybody on this board as of yet...but if anybody would be willing to be a pal and pick up an extra copy for me, I'd pay for the CD and the shipping (and a couple of bucks extra if I'm able to when this goes down)