What video games have you been playing?

I *think* Oliver was level 60 when I beat it. IIRC he was about level 50 when I fought Shadar. I'm not 100% certain so it's a ballpark.  For tough battles I usually ended up playing as 1 character and using provisions to keep my Mana from draining, while healing my party and let them do a lot of the fighting, not all, but often I'll hang back and just go straight healer for a bit. That and timing your Evade and attack to get 'Nice!' should do it... if you are really underleveled you might have to grind a bit. Most of the 'grinding' I did was just me trying to capture certain familiars/sidequesting, etc. So I yeah I was like level 50-60 and I think if you were able to get to the final boss you should be able to do the trick with another try. Unless you somehow made it there while being under-leveled.

I'm thinking about getting Tales of Xillia, comes out in 2 weeks and it sounds pretty awesome. I am on a huge JRPG kick lately.

Awesome, man!

I think my Oliver is something between level 56 and 58. 

Do you mean by saying "I played as 1 character" that you played only Oliver and never used your familiars? I never use my familiars during boss battles but I never thought of being the healer in the group and let the others fight. Maybe I'll try it!

But this also reminds me that I have insufficient mana and hp supplies (about 20 of each) which means that I'll have to leave the dungeon and make the whole walkthrough again... :o

My favourite RPGs are: Final Fantasy VII and IX. I need to play them again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaC_xP6esJE

so good!

Yeah, I would use familiars a bit, but mostly hang back as Oliver and play healer/cast powerful spells. If you leave the dungeon, makes sure it's after you...

...get Astra from Gallus because there's an extra spell Horace will give you if you decide to do those. He won't appear for one, until after Gallus gives you Astra, so it's actually not an awful idea to leave if you have to stock up anyway and feel like getting those extra spells.

You'll just have to make your way back through the little baddies on the way there, it's not so bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I saved up a bunch of money before tour under the assumption I would be unemployed for awhile when I got home but I managed to snag a job already so I've been treating myself to some games. I bought Civ 5 during the Steam sale and played one game that took me about 10 hours. It was fun but I can't see myself getting back into it. I've already gotten my money's worth though. Last night I finally broke down and got Minecraft after being a vocal hater for years and ended up playing for 5 hours with a friend. I will probably be spending most of my two weeks of pre-employment dicking around on there.

Minecraft consumed so much of my time, a couple summers ago. I too thought it was kind of stupid until I played it and became hooked. The graphics are simple, but the stuff you can do is endless. I haven't played in a while but never really got bored of it when I did play.

The other day I started Skyrim. Never played any of the Elder Scrolls games before, so it's new to me but kind of fun.

Also, very excited for Battlefield 4.

Finally signed up for playstation plus. Hoping for some solid free stuff in tha next year. Already snagged uncharted/tekken/machina(or something) which looks like a cool point and click type game. The visuals look neat anyway. Got labrynth legends for the kiddo.

Rock of ages and the rubadub duck game have been fun too.

Any plus members have any suggestions?

Minecraft consumed so much of my time, a couple summers ago. I too thought it was kind of stupid until I played it and became hooked. The graphics are simple, but the stuff you can do is endless. I haven't played in a while but never really got bored of it when I did play.

The other day I started Skyrim. Never played any of the Elder Scrolls games before, so it's new to me but kind of fun.

Also, very excited for Battlefield 4.

Skyrim was fun but I liked Oblivion better. I got pissed off an stopped before I finished Skyrim because I found out they have these things called Radiant Quests which are just infinitely replayable quests such as fetching books. I didn't know that they went on forever so I wasted hours on pointless quests and gave up on the game. I don't really feel like verifying that every quest has resolution.

Picked up Dragon's Crown today. Pretty good side scroller. Reminds me of castle crashes but more in depth and has a story. Worth the price too since it isn't $60.

been playing dragon's crown as well!

picked it up yesterday and i'm loving it!

i went with the elf, always manage to choose some sort of ranger, hunter, etc with these types of games.

I saved up a bunch of money before tour under the assumption I would be unemployed for awhile when I got home but I managed to snag a job already so I've been treating myself to some games. I bought Civ 5 during the Steam sale and played one game that took me about 10 hours. It was fun but I can't see myself getting back into it. I've already gotten my money's worth though. Last night I finally broke down and got Minecraft after being a vocal hater for years and ended up playing for 5 hours with a friend. I will probably be spending most of my two weeks of pre-employment dicking around on there.

Thats half the fun of Civ!  Playing again, maybe try to win with a different type of victory or play style, or try a completely different map that has different challenges. 

Finally playing through GTAIV and both of the expansions simultaneously. Amazing to see all the story develop through all of them.

I also did this recently and was into the 3 perspectives thing. I guess GTAV is going to have 3 characters that you can switch between, which should be fun as well.

Finally ordered Last Of Us for $45...can't wait to get it in and start playing!

I don't have a ps3 but I visited my friend over the weekend who has it. I got about 10.5 hours of game play in completed 70% of it. It is the best god damn game. I can't explain how good the story is and how you feel for the main characters. Anyways, I hope to make it back to his place and finish it up soon. Enjoy the game, make sure you give yourself plenty of time to enjoy the world.