VV-004

You heard it here first.

[image]

After releasing two of my favorite records this year, with Damiera’s “M(US)IC” in the works for early 2009, I’m proud to announce that I will be releasing another favorite of mine, The Samuel Jackson Five’s “Easily Misunderstood”, originally released back in 2005. This Norwegian band has put together an immensely emotional record that begs to be heard on wax. You will finally have that opportunity. Coming mid to late 2009, “Easily Misunderstood” will be released as a double LP on 180 gram colored vinyl in a deluxe gatefold jacket. Black vinyl will also be available, and will be hand numbered as all Vega Vinyl releases are. If you've never heard of them or heard their tunes, check them out here:

http://www.myspace.com/thesamueljacksonfive

They also have a new record coming out on November 10th called "Goodbye Melody Mountain" which you should go pick up.

PS

Damiera is now on tour, so please go support them while they are on the road! I saw them on Thursday in Fredonia and was reminded why I wanted to put out their record in the first place. Seriously amazing show.

Nov 8 2008 6:00P

Union Room Meadville, PA

Nov 9 2008 5:00P

SUNY Oneonta (Hunt Union) Oneonta, NY

Nov 10 2008 6:00P

Whitson SUNY Purchase, NY

Nov 11 2008 5:30P

NH Institute of Art Manchester, NH

Nov 12 2008 7:30P

Circle of Hope Philadelphia, PA

Nov 13 2008 8:00P

University Delaware (Perkins Center) Newark, DE

Nov 14 2008 5:00P

The Factory Rochester, MI

Nov 15 2008 6:00P

KC Hall Newton, IL

Nov 16 2008 6:00P

Isaac’s Family Fun Mattoon, IL

Nov 21 2008 6:00P

Club 770 (FREE SHOW!) Madison, WI

Nov 23 2008 7:00P

Red Raven Fargo, ND

Guest stopwhining

so from late summer/early fall 2008 to early 2009. you got a great track record going here; of pushing back release dates and having delays. you need to get on the ball. i dont think i'll be purchasing damiera now, i dont want to support a label/person who is slacking big time as it will only encourage you to keep running a shitty business. when will this record come out, early 2010 instead mid/late 2009?

Guest stopwhining
How many records have you released? That's what I thought. Shut the fuck up.

does it matter? dont bite off more than you can chew is my point here. he gives himself a huge window to have something out by, instead of a month or exact date he says early, mid, or late season or year, and even then he cant keep on track. why start or let alone plan for another project when you cant even finish or get the ball rolling on the one you started before. god forbid someone here has a dissenting opinion or speaks their mind. if you cant take criticism or meet expectations dont step into the fire.

so from late summer/early fall 2008 to early 2009. you got a great track record going here; of pushing back release dates and having delays. you need to get on the ball. i dont think i'll be purchasing damiera now, i dont want to support a label/person who is slacking big time as it will only encourage you to keep running a shitty business. when will this record come out, early 2010 instead mid/late 2009?

Dude, what is your deal?

Samuel Jackson 5 sounds good. Will consider picking this up.

At least he's fucking trying. What the fuck have you done?

[image]

does it matter? dont bite off more than you can chew is my point here. he gives himself a huge window to have something out by, instead of a month or exact date he says early, mid, or late season or year, and even then he cant keep on track. why start or let alone plan for another project when you cant even finish or get the ball rolling on the one you started before. god forbid someone here has a dissenting opinion or speaks their mind. if you cant take criticism or meet expectations dont step into the fire.

It does matter. You obviously have no grasp of the semantics behind releasing a record.

People are allowed to have opinions. Just not fucking retarded uneducated ones.

If you don't like how he runs HIS label then don't buy from him. It's that fucking simple.

He is a legit dude that puts out quality records. Get off his back.

How many records have you released? That's what I thought. Shut the fuck up.

If you've never put out a record you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Shit doesn't just magically appear out of thin air. You have to get bands to get in the studio, or get you their masters, get artwork made, get the layout done, deal with licensing fees (if applicable) and then once it actually gets to the plant you have to deal with even more delays and bullshit. I've only put out one 7" so far and I already see how much stupid shit you have to deal with when putting out a record. Until you've done it yourself you have no idea.

Also, thanks for the support dudes. Quality releases take time, and I can give myself as much time as needed to put out what I want. I'm taking the time and money out of my life to do this for anyone that likes the music I'm into. If you like the Damiera record, pick it up when it drops. If you don't like the Damiera record, don't pick it up when it drops. The End.

No Idea has had releases pushed back numerous times, hell I never thought Rumbleseat- ...is Dead would ever be released, and they are a great label and have been around for a long time.

Dude is getting his label going he is on his 3rd and 4th releases give him a break.

Edit: Also as far as I know everyone has gotten their records from him that ordered them. It isn't like he is ripping people off. There are plenty of ill-run labels out there go bitch about them.

HOLY SHIT! thhis is such an AWESOME record. Its hard enough to get on CD let alone vinyl. JORDAN for the motherfucking WIN on this one! loved that Constants record man, but this SJ5 rekkid just blows my nuts skyhigh!

cannot wait man!!!! best news since the Earth record, this is!

beeeeeeeaaaaaaa-uty!!

hell, this label inspires me to want to press vinyl. if only the funds would come together and my desire to buy every vinyl that comes out lately would level out, it would happen for me. i'm impressed, can't wait to get my Park vinyl from VC. this whole board has proven to me that pressing vinyl is possible with a little determination.

if you're unhappy with one person's work and effort, then do it yourself and do it better. no one is forcing you to even be on this thread.