Worst show you have ever been to....

patrick

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alesana.

i had never listened to them before, buti went to see the opening bands (the chariot, and sky eats airplane) and left well before thier set was over.

there had to have been seven band members playing awful screamo crap and all they did was run around the stage gyrating their hips as 13 year old girls screamed and swooned over them and jostled to be in position to grab their legs.

sick.

Worst for me that I can remember really well just happened.

Jacksonville, Florida at this place called Doozers Pub. End of a Year and Defeater played to about 5 paying people. The promoter did not bother showing up to his own show, the drummer from the local band playing worked the door.

His method of collecting money was asking if you had $5. If you said yes, he held out his hand for it. If you said no, he kind of shrugged his shoulders and let you in anyway.

The local band introduced themselves as "Godzillas Dick" and proceeded to entertain us with such songs as "Life", which was 5 seconds of guitar and drums, then the singer yelled "YOU SUCK" 5 more seconds of guitar followed by "AT LIFE". On to the next song.

My friend is trying to get me to go to Twisted 15 with him. One night Gaslight is playing, I guess that would be alright, another night Eagles of Death Metal is playing, I'd go to that, but he gets tickets to the night when Theory of a Deadman, Saliva and Hollywood Undead is playing. Fuuuck that.

there was a time when some aweful local band was playing a battle of the bands...and they were attempting to cover The Darkness and the guy forgot the lyrics so they made it half-way through it and just stopped...don't remember the name of the band...they were awful and I've never felt more awkward at a show...

as far as real shows...I got tickets to see Saves The Day...but the opening bands were Emanuel, The Early November, and Senses Fail....holy hell...I wanted to kill 'em all. I'd never heard Emanuel or Senses Fail before (i knew what kind of music they played and strayed away as far as possible), unfortunately had heard Early November...I wanted to shoot myself and every little kid there...all these teenagers just crazy for these bands...and then left...before Saves The Day came out...it was sad as hell. Saves The Day killed it, w/ the expection that they didn't play Sell My Old Clothes, I'm Off To Heaven. there was some sort of open bar party after the concert for like an xbox 360 demo?? dunno...anywho went and proceeded to start drinking and eating free food...the guy from Emanuel comes up to me and starts asking me girl advice for this chick he was after in the bar...never met the guy before...really weird. Highlight of the evening was talking to Manny from STD and Glassjaw and discussing the new Glassjaw album...which still hasn't happened & drinking w/ Chris Connely and Steve while discussing Face To Face and such. so the after show was fucking great....the show was easily the lamest show I've ever seen thusfar, and the kids were just eating it up.

oh! there was some band from around state college that played a breather resist show and i thought the first 20 mins of their set was just feedback/bad mic. they played on the floor at metro for 50 mins. blew.

another show, Juicifer consisted of about 50 amps on stage and the girl making feedback and the guy who drums falling over drunk while trying to play.

and probably worst of all FBTMOF. such a terrible band. they opened for Evergreen Terrace and sucked. then a month later CTTS was opening for them, but i left once CTTS was done. Circle good, fear bad.

also, I saw Thursday the night before War All The Time came out...and their opening band Year of the Rabbit...absolutely terrible, I don't understand that pairing at all...I'm sure they're nice guys...but their music was terrible...

I also had the displeasure of seeing My Chemical Blowass open for Midtown and Reggie and the Full Effect on the first ever Reggie tour...and man, that was quite awful...it still makes me cringe knowing that a fraction of my ticket sale went to them...

i can vouch for the saves the day show.... birdwell, was it in atl by the way, cuz i was there. i just remember sitting at the top of the seating in the middle and was literally covering my ears the whole time because not only were all the opening bands shitty, they played shitty and the sound in that place was fucking terrible that night.

For some reason I'm drawing a blank, but the only one i can think of is angels and airwaves. They opened for Weezer and it was shitty. The singer kept acting like he was an airplane and doing stupid poses acting like he was an astronaut. All the songs sounded like U2 riffs. It was bad when he put on his laser goggles:

[image]

i can vouch for the saves the day show.... birdwell, was it in atl by the way, cuz i was there. i just remember sitting at the top of the seating in the middle and was literally covering my ears the whole time because not only were all the opening bands shitty, they played shitty and the sound in that place was fucking terrible that night.

yes, Atlanta at Earthlink Live or whatever the hell it's called or was called

unfortunately it was ghengis tron when they played here. it was no fault of their own and a shitty deal, but it wasnt good.

first the batteries in one of the keyboards died so they didnt have sound.

after that the lights were fucking up.

after that there was crazy bad feedback so the singer had to go to the very back corner of the stage.

they couldnt figure out where it was coming from so it took 15 minutes to clear up. after that everybody was just pissed and finished the set without really caring about anything else.

that was followed by baroness though and they more than made up for it

Ok..hands down the worst show I've ever been to was Chiodos/The Devil Wears Prada/Emery/Scary Kids Scaring Kids/Trophy Scars. I used to really really love Chiodos and I still like them (just not as much as I used to) and I really like Trophy Scars a lot.

It was at the Trocadero in Philly..usually shows there are pretty decent but whoever was on the soundboard that night fucking sucked. You couldn't hear Trophy Scars at all whatsoever and it was majorly disappointing. Chiodos were all sick (sick as in ill, not sick as in awesome) that night and the sound wasn't even very good for them either. You couldn't hear any vocals or hardly any guitar most of the time.

Factor in the other shitty horrible bands that played and you think I'd stop there...but no...I haven't even gotten to the crowd. It was seriously the worst fucking crowd I've ever been in in my life. I go to shows where teenies usually gather in numbers (Fall Out Boy, Motion City Soundtrack, other catchy pop bands) so I am pretty good about dealing with that shit but god fucking damn I have never dealt with a crowd that bad...not even for Fall Out Boy. 14 year old sceny boppers and their douche bag boyfriends.......ugh....it will probably be the last time I see Chiodos unless they start finding better openers. It saddens me because they're some pretty cool dudes too.

I also had the displeasure of seeing My Chemical Blowass open for Midtown and Reggie and the Full Effect on the first ever Reggie tour...and man, that was quite awful...it still makes me cringe knowing that a fraction of my ticket sale went to them...

Just an FYI, that wasn't Reggie's first tour. Reggie's first tour was with Hot Rod Circuit, Ultimate Fakebook and Koufax in August 2001. I know because I reviewed it:

http://www.punknews.org/review/489

Just an FYI, that wasn't Reggie's first tour. Reggie's first tour was with Hot Rod Circuit, Ultimate Fakebook and Koufax in August 2001. I know because I reviewed it:

http://www.punknews.org/review/489

If that makes you cringe I'd hate to see how you'd react to something that actually matters, haha.