Recently Watched Thread

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eriathomas

I started watching Blood+ on netflix. It's good to see they are adding more anime to the instant stream, and thankfully this show has a decent dub. I've never seen it in full, but what I've seen when it aired on Adult Swim a few years back I enjoyed.

I've also been watching NANA, but took a little break since all the characters smoke and I'm trying to quit (even animated cigarettes are a temptation).

Watch SLC Punk earlier. I had seen bits and pieces before, and it seemed worth a watch. I thought it was ok I guess, not a huge punk fan, so maybe that's what shaped my opinion through out the movie.

Guest eriathomas

New anime season started this past week, and one show has caught my interested. It's call "High School of the Dead". Basically a zombie show, but the first episode was pretty intense since it showed the school getting infected, and people getting ripped apart left and right. Hopefully it'll keep up with the current pace the entire season. I'd definitely recommend it for anime/zombie fans.

Just watched Street Thief. I didn't read anything except the netflix description and I even skimmed through that. I suggest just watching the movie without reading anything about it. I was interested the entire movie and really got sucked into the character. Good stuff.

Thanks for the heads up, decided to watch this on Netflix today, and totally enjoyed it.

This Weekends viewing

The Graves pretty generic horror movie with Randy from Lamb of God in a bit part. Solid C

The Wizard of Gore (1970) Totally insane movie about a magician that does horrible tricks to people then they die a few days later. B-

The Wizard of Gore (2007) remake with the same basic plot except its caused by blowfish powder? i don't know. C-

Santa Sangre - woooo, totally batshit loco Alejandro Jodorwsky movie, surprisingly watchable, still insane. B

Guest eriathomas

I just watched the Silent Hill movie. I thought it was pretty good for a video game movie. I'm not sure if I liked the ending, but it's been years since I played the game, so I don't really remember if it's the same. I'd recommend it to fans of the game, but not so much horror fans since it's not really scary.

Guest naytoid

First 10 episodes of the first season of "Batman: Brave & the Bold": Not quite TAS, but still extremely good.

First 10 episodes of the first season of "Mad Men": Much better than I thought it was going to be.

Season two of The Tick: Holds up like crazy and is still really funny.

New anime season started this past week, and one show has caught my interested. It's call "High School of the Dead". Basically a zombie show, but the first episode was pretty intense since it showed the school getting infected, and people getting ripped apart left and right. Hopefully it'll keep up with the current pace the entire season. I'd definitely recommend it for anime/zombie fans.

Definitely checked out the anime and the manga based on your recommendation. The art is a little generic, but the story and music was cool. I'm going to keep watching. There's a new episode tommorow too.

Guest eriathomas

Definitely checked out the anime and the manga based on your recommendation. The art is a little generic, but the story and music was cool. I'm going to keep watching. There's a new episode tommorow too.

It'd be better without all the ecchi stuff too, but the story is good enough to keep me watching.

Edit: 2 is streaming on the anime network now. I'll probably wait for the TMD release (best group doing it imo).

Just watched Mary and Max on netflix streaming. Sort of a dark clay-mation comedy. mostly black and grays it's a story of an 8 year old girl who randomly writes to a middle aged man with Asperger's syndrome.

Had plenty of depressing moments but there were laughs to be had. Pretty good flick.

Finally got around to District 9...great second half!! Solid ending!

Started watching The Sarah Silverman show....I love it so far, highly entertaining!

Tried getting into Weeds but couldn't hang. I can't really pinpoint it, but something's lacking, the writing maybe? The parts that are supposed to be funny and/or shocking are neither.

I just watched Irreversible a couple nights ago. I don't feel quite as strange about it now, but that movie was a trip. It is important that most people do not see this movie. I'm only kind of joking about that part. I did enjoy it overall, but I think I blacked out parts of the rape scene from my memory.

I watched Dead Snow for the whatever number time last week and it is still so awesome. So awesome. If people still haven't seen Moon they need to get on that! Can't hurt to mention again that I think it's one of the best sci-fi films of all time. I only had to see it once to form that opinion and it has been better every time I've seen it since.

Guest eriathomas

You check out episode 2 and 3? I'm diggin' that it's still keeping up the pace and intensity.

You check out episode 2 and 3? I'm diggin' that it's still keeping up the pace and intensity.

Literally just finished watching the 2nd, I think there was some great character development in this episode, and its starting to become more about survival then the initial panic. I'm hoping to watch the 3rd later tonight.