VC 7" of the month club???

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also have been toying around the idea of a side label comprised of everyone on the message board where we all pick bands and releases that might not normally come out on vinyl because the band isn't big. The records would be great records by smaller bands and having it funded by all of you would help these records see the light of day.

Can we call it +1 Records?

I also have been toying around the idea of a side label comprised of everyone on the message board where we all pick bands and releases that might not normally come out on vinyl because the band isn't big. The records would be great records by smaller bands and having it funded by all of you would help these records see the light of day.

I dont like it...

I LOVE IT!

How about 12/18 Records (Never Forget)?

i am working on a split 7" series and also a 7" series with a few different bands. I plan to mention something new, but there are some really great bands involved.

I have a bunch of other ideas, but you can chew onthat for a bit.

YES! there are so many...

Well it's already been decided that my band RULES ALL. 8-)

Kidding.

Sort of.

Okay, not really kidding at all.

No, but seriously folks, I kid.

I thought it would be cool to take the idea of that Coalesce/Get Up Kids 7" where they covered each others' songs and do a whole series like that, and call it "Full Coverage" or something.

the side label is a great idea, but are we going to be able to come to a concensus on what would get pressed? what's the definition of "big"? i think it has great potential -- i'd like to hear more parameters and potentially nominations...

monthly poll. the same way the avatars are picked. Virgil (or someone else) will put up a list of bands, the top two will get pressed, the top on the a-side, 2nd place on the b-side

either way, these ideas are great. loving the idea of the side label

I know that method seems the most democratic, but I think if we do it that way all the releases will be the same kinds of bands over and over. There's a small group of us here that love metal/hardcore more than the others, and I think we might be a bit outnumbered. I just worry about everyones' voices being heard.

well, then we can put up two different types of lists. one with punk bands, another one with metal/hardcore bands, then take the winners of each list then put them on a split. Then the next month, put the same bands up, except the winners of last months. So it would start with 12 bands, then eventually get voted down to one.

I know that method seems the most democratic, but I think if we do it that way all the releases will be the same kinds of bands over and over. There's a small group of us here that love metal/hardcore more than the others, and I think we might be a bit outnumbered. I just worry about everyones' voices being heard.

Hm. What if it was Side A is the board's vote and Side B is a VC staff pick?

It also seems like since this is a board... there can be discussion prior to voting. Then if there's a smaller minority that would REALLY like to have something that the rest of the board isn't all that giddy about, the majority could still band together and vote for the minority's pick for the sake of proving that not everyone on the planet is a selfish asshole. Plus it could very well result in the majority realizing that the minority was onto something.

I agree. So far I'm not too interested in any of these bands. I remember Virgil saying that Fake Problems were into doing it, that would be awesome.

Why not just wait for Virgil to explain what he plans on doing with the series?

And I don't see how voting would necessarily work. If it's a bunch of bands you get to choose from, what if the winning band doesn't want their music pressed through here? And wouldn't they just be old songs rereleased? I'd imagine everything has to be worked out pretty far in advance. I'd rather Virgil just pick the bands himself.