{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Urban Outfitter girls, while hot, are not really that interesting. Most of the ones who work there that i've met are shallow and have very little taste in music and are more about looks and what's popular than originality.

i'm curious. this is an open question to anyone. how particular are you about a potential gf/bf's taste in music. to be honest that would be an after thought to me, although i'd probably be more likely to like someone who had similar tastes just cause we'd have something in common to talk about.

I don't need a guy to like every single band I like. I like/go for guys that have an equal or better taste of music than I do. I love having a guy get me into bands, make me mixes and stuff. And since I go to a lot of shows and it's one of my favorite things to do ever, it would be nice to have him with me at a show from time to time y'know?

matters very little, although we need to have SOMETHING in common, be it music or whatever.

yea, like we have to both like "how i met your mother" or star wars? if a woman doesnt like star wars, that's a deal breaker. :P

I don't think I've ever met a girl who likes star wars. As a closet trekkie, I don't mind that so much. Now if a girl doesn't like Ghostbusters or Back to the Future, then we've got problems.

star wars are the greatest movies ever.

i went to see a couple of the midnight showings, have a huge movie poster in my room, met peter mahew and jeremy bullock (chewbacca and boba fett, respectively) and a cupboard full of action figures, a light saber, star wars monopoly, etc.

when my family went to disney world when i was in 5th grade, i made every ride the star wars ride in mgm with me like 10 times in a row.

i fail at life, haha.

yea, like we have to both like "how i met your mother" or star wars? if a woman doesnt like star wars, that's a deal breaker. :P

I don't think I've ever met a girl who likes star wars. As a closet trekkie, I don't mind that so much. Now if a girl doesn't like Ghostbusters or Back to the Future, then we've got problems.

once again, its not so much theres things a girl needs to like. like, if shes into music, cool, even if its not the same as me, but i mean into it, this way she can appreciate what i listen to and vise-versa. movies are the same way (although ive had various issues with a girl who loved horror films...this dudes not a fan). basically the girl needs to share something of an interest with something. be it music, movies, exploring, going on cute effing dates, roller coasters, anything. if i like it, and she likes it, im apt to give it a shot. i went on a date with a girl who had nothing in common with me, and we just sat there and stared at each other, its was way too awkward.

I just got my invitation for another friends wedding. :( Another friend who's officially hitched again. Damn, now it's just me. I wish i could marry myself like Carrie in Sex and the CIty (yes, i watched SATC) and start a gift registry at Target or something for being single so i could get cool gifts. Why should all the couples have all the fun.

Consider me another girl who is hardcore about Star Wars. I actually really enjoy a good bit of sci-fi stuff to be honest. It scares a lot of guys.

Bunch o' wussies those guys are...

Foarr serius. I think theay just don't like that I'm nerdier than they are I guess. Dunno. Pssshhh...who needs em. I'lll marry Han Solo. I've wantted to marry him since I was a kid.

my ex just stopped by my house unexpectedly to "make up" with me. i preferred it when i wasn't talking to her.

oh jesus. that's like, one of my biggest fears. how'd you hold up?

hopefully you stayed strong and told that bitch not to let the door hit her ass on the way out... (no offense or anything)

my ex just stopped by my house unexpectedly to "make up" with me. i preferred it when i wasn't talking to her.

oh jesus. that's like, one of my biggest fears. how'd you hold up?

hopefully you stayed strong and told that bitch not to let the door hit her ass on the way out... (no offense or anything)

no, none taken. i held up fine. she gave me a christmas present. a plush toy. it's like, what the fuck am i supposed to do with this? i mean, nice gesture and all, but sorry. you know me. what am i gonna do with it?

she only stayed a couple of minutes. i didnt invite her in. she wanted to "make up" with me before going to a new years eve party that i hadn't heard about (it's supposedly hosted by my buddy, who dates her best friend). she could tell from the look on my face that i wasn't happy she was there. so she left.

i almost want her to whore herself out so i can laugh at her being taken advantage of. but i know i still care too much to just shrug it off my shoulder.

i forgot to mention, i KIND OF went on a date tonight. i say kind of because she's dating this guy (who i actually used to go to grade school with) and has been for about 2 years. she and i were BEST friends in high school, even though she's two years younger than me, but when i got my gf my senior year, my gf kind of gave me the ultimatum of "her or me" without exactly saying it.

seeing as how my gf was fucking me, and leila (my friend) and i never so much as even kissed even though i was super in love with her from the day we met, i sided with my gf. to be fair to myself, though, i really thought i was going to marry that girl. anyway, i still hung out and talked with leila after that, but things were really different. when i broke up with my gf i tried to make things right again, and they were great for a little while, but then she started dating this kid and did the exact same thing to me.

long story kind of short, i wrote her this EPIC love letter this past summer before i went away for school again. we hadn't talked in like 6 months before that, so i was like, what the fuck do i have to lose? that night she called me crying saying "thank you so much you have no idea how much this means" and all that, but she never broke up with this kid. he's such a waste of life, too. huge stoner, is doing nothing with his life, works a real shitty job, treats her like garbage sometimes, is living off his parents, is dumb as fuck and being with him has actually made her dumber a little. she took last year off of school because of her living situation with him, and thankfully she's back in school now but it was just a waste of a year because of him.

anyway, we hung out tonight for a few hours, i took her out to eat and we just drove around in the snow for like 2 hours listening to music. when we got out of the car at the restaurant, it was pretty slippery and snowy, and she grabbed my hand so we held hands. then when i took her home, i walked her up to her door and hugged her and she gave me a kiss on the cheek.

it was a good night, but nothing is going to come from it i'm sure. i wouldn't let anything come from it anyway. i wouldn't want to jeopardize my place in this club!

i almost want her to whore herself out so i can laugh at her being taken advantage of. but i know i still care too much to just shrug it off my shoulder.

i know exactly how you feel. when i saw my ex was in a relationship, my heart sank. even though i literally cannot stand being with her. i mean, for the last 3 months of our relationship, i seriously didn't even like her as a friend, let alone a gf. i don't respect her. i don't value her opinion on anything. i think she's unintelligent. we share nothing in common. she was my first, and after we broke up the first time and i fucked a couple other girls, when we got back together, i also realized how bad of a lay she is. (i'm not just saying all this cause i'm bitter. i'm not. i broke up with her)

but still, something about seeing her in a relationship with somebody else just really got to me. maybe we (you and i) just need to start dating people of our own and we won't care anymore what they do with their lives?