Insane records you got for Christmas

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife hooked it up BIG time this year.....

Avail - Dixie 2lp TEST PRESS 10/10

Avail - 4AM Friday 2lp TEST PRESS 10/10

Avail - Over the James TEST PRESS 10/10

Tim Barry - Manchester TEST PRESS 5/10

Revival Road TEST PRESS 2/10

and Virgil also sent my Tim Barry 7" TEST PRESS 1/5 with these to my wife as a sneaky surprise...

It was a very Tim Barry Christmas this year... thanks to Virgil for hooking my wife up with awesome presents to give me this year. Also very special thanks to my wife for sweet talkin' and forkin out the dough to acquire these for me.

i got some hendrix records that i really wanted from my ex-girlfriends brother and his girlfriend. very awesome. old stuff that is in fantastic shape.

i also got a $500 gift certificate to purchase a new record player at a great store in Toronto, from my parents. very excited about that.

So far, I've received the Regulator Watts EP from my secret santa, which is so awesome.

Last Sunday, I went to the rock and roll garage sale and picked up the Hoover ep and Kerosene 454's 'Came By to Kill Me' on vinyl, both of which I've been trying to get for a while now.

After I got that Hoover record, this guy comes up to me and asks where I got it. I tell him he should get one, since it's one of the best albums ever. He said 'I was the drummer in that band, and I've been trying to get copies of that record for friends but it's out of print.' So yeah, Chris from Hoover. Pretty damn cool.

I searched all over for years for the Regulator Watts EP, finally got it, told my friend and he was like "dude, I have that. I would have given it to you."

Which is the Hoover EP? I have two LPs I think. Maybe one is an EP.

Also love the Crown Hate Ruin record. One of my favorites for sure.

So far, I've received the Regulator Watts EP from my secret santa, which is so awesome.

Last Sunday, I went to the rock and roll garage sale and picked up the Hoover ep and Kerosene 454's 'Came By to Kill Me' on vinyl, both of which I've been trying to get for a while now.

After I got that Hoover record, this guy comes up to me and asks where I got it. I tell him he should get one, since it's one of the best albums ever. He said 'I was the drummer in that band, and I've been trying to get copies of that record for friends but it's out of print.' So yeah, Chris from Hoover. Pretty damn cool.

I searched all over for years for the Regulator Watts EP, finally got it, told my friend and he was like "dude, I have that. I would have given it to you."

Hoover has two 12"s - The Lurid Transversal, and the 5 song EP (the one with Breather Resist, Weeds, etc). I got the 5 song EP. So stoked.

And yes, that Crownhate Ruin album is great. I'm surprised that it's still available - everyone into this type of sound should order that record from Dischord while they're still available.

Hoover has two 12"s - The Lurid Transversal, and the 5 song EP (the one with Breather Resist, Weeds, etc). I got the 5 song EP. So stoked.

And yes, that Crownhate Ruin album is great. I'm surprised that it's still available - everyone into this type of sound should order that record from Dischord while they're still available.

the Just A Fire records are great too, if you're into Hoover/June of 44 type stuff. They were on Asian Man...don't don't let that fool you.

Doug from Hoover/June of 44/Him(no, not that HIM)

Chris from Sweep the Leg Johnny/Check Engine/currently Haymarket Riot

Scott from Chisel Drill Hammer

I just got my christmas present from my girlfriend a couple days ago finally.

Turns out it was a Rocky Votolato- Suicide Medicine test press! woooo

awesome!

what does the sleeve look like?

She bought it when Dan from second nature was selling all those test presses and stuff. It's this one:

[image]