How to deal with bad packaged record from ebay?

I bought a record off ebay and it was sent in a USPS recycled paper padded envelope. When it arrived it looked like this;

[image]

[image]

His auction shows the cover to look like this;

[image]

Now I am not sure what to do, since I want the record and probably won't be able to find it for this price again any time soon. Should I just let it slide and message the guy informing him of his improper shipping material, or ask for some money bad for his blunder? Luckily until now, I've never had a jacket so bent in the mail even shipped in the same type of envelope so I'm not sure what to do.

I would DEFINITELY let him know, and send the picture. Maybe he'll be cool and refund you part of your money (I have had luck with this).

I have always wondered if you couldn't use an iron and a low setting and iron out the creases (at least the minor ones) on a jacket. maybe this would work, i'll try it one day.

i'd tell him he screwed up in shipping and send him the pics.

then, i don't know, i'd probably ask for at least shipping back (cuz you obviously didn't pay for it to be shipped like that) while not expecting anything.

oh and there's always the threat of truthful negative feedback.. i.e. if you buy a record from this guy he'll ship it in an envelope

Honestly if it was me, I would ask for a full refund and send it back to him. I understand when people say that as long as the record itself is fine who cares about the jacket. But I am sure you paid a decent amount of money for this, and if for some reason you have to sell some of your records and this would be one of them, people would be less likely to pay eBay prices or the price you paid for it. Just my opinion I am sure many will disagree.

Brian

Guest kevinb

I guess it depends on the amount spent i mean yeah it sucks, but this happens it's unavoidable, it wouldn't hurt to email him but i wouldn't be an ass about it, not talking about you Thomas, but some people can get pretty anal about vinyl and its annoying as shit to issue a refund to someone for petty shit.

that sucks dude. lots of good advice in this thread.

the thing i hate most in the world is when some dickhole on ebay treats me like an asshole/idiot because some records corners got slightly bent when shipped in an lp mailer. obviously this is a whole different level than that, but politeness is still paramount

yah getting corners bent is shitty but if its in a record mailer i don't blame the seller.

I bought a record off ebay and it was sent in a USPS recycled paper padded envelope. When it arrived it looked like this;

[image]

[image]

His auction shows the cover to look like this;

[image]

Now I am not sure what to do, since I want the record and probably won't be able to find it for this price again any time soon. Should I just let it slide and message the guy informing him of his improper shipping material, or ask for some money bad for his blunder? Luckily until now, I've never had a jacket so bent in the mail even shipped in the same type of envelope so I'm not sure what to do.

i'd stomped that muthafucka out, what the fuck's wrong with him sending it like that.

Ask for a full refund including shipping and send it back to the fucker!!

When will these ebay retards learn not to send out records in bubble mailers ? >:(

I even had a record come through the post in a plastic bag , no padding whatsoever ! The record was totally knacked so i had a rant at him sent him some pics and got a full refund inc shipping.....