sparta question

Will the /1500 red vinyl be available for purchase in the states? I forget how MOV does this for the initial limited color pressings...

This. I hope some of the reds make it over to North America. 

FINALLY. I have their other two albums and I've been looking for this one for a while. Easily the best of the three.

Also, heres the MOV direct link  http://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/sparta/wiretap-scars#.VRRqGuEgSjw

Been looking for a copy of this album forever too, just have to hunt down a copy of Threes (which I'm not a huge fan of musically, but ...the hobby!)

Luckily I picked up Porcelain when it came out because I felt (and still do), that's it's their best. Wiretap is a great record too, though.

Will the /1500 red vinyl be available for purchase in the states? I forget how MOV does this for the initial limited color pressings...

Highly unlikely, most US stores don't order them in the first place because of the price. Limited run will most likely be european retail only.

Me five minutes ago. "Hey, look at all the Sparta pre-orders. I wonder if somebody's talking about it on Vinyl Collective."

I think I have five active preorders through you right now. All really good stuff that I can't wait to get too. Btw, any updates on those Homogenics on a boat somewhere in the Atlantic?

I think I have five active preorders through you right now. All really good stuff that I can't wait to get too. Btw, any updates on those Homogenics on a boat somewhere in the Atlantic?

It's definitely the time of the year for pre-orders. No, unfortunately, we haven't heard anything since we were told the Bjork reissues were on their way here. I think MOMA gets first shot at them and then indie stores get whatever they don't need. There is supposed to be a second pressing after that. 

You know us too well. ;)

Early preorders are a big help. They let us know how many to order and makes it a lot more likely we can get enough for people who didn't preorder. That's how we end up with extra copies of things like the clear Sufjan Stevens that will be released Tuesday.

Quick question. We have been reluctant to mention pre-orders here and just hope another forum member notices them. Would you all like me to post things that may be of interest? I'd prefer not to spam. This forum has been good to us and I want to find the line between making sure people know what's coming out vs. being spammy. What does everybody think?

Early preorders are a big help. They let us know how many to order and makes it a lot more likely we can get enough for people who didn't preorder. That's how we end up with extra copies of things like the clear Sufjan Stevens that will be released Tuesday.

Quick question. We have been reluctant to mention pre-orders here and just hope another forum member notices them. Would you all like me to post things that may be of interest? I'd prefer not to spam. This forum has been good to us and I want to find the line between making sure people know what's coming out vs. being spammy. What does everybody think?

I for one would greatly appreciate you posting preorders here. I'd much rather order from you guys than most other places. I doubt many here would consider it spam as you guys are pretty well liked around here (& justifiably so).

It's definitely the time of the year for pre-orders. No, unfortunately, we haven't heard anything since we were told the Bjork reissues were on their way here. I think MOMA gets first shot at them and then indie stores get whatever they don't need. There is supposed to be a second pressing after that. 

You all have good prices, so I see no issue with you making a thread and keeping us updated.  I have seen people freak out a little when preorders go up before a record has even been officially announced (ie SRC putting up the most recent Tigers Jaw record really early).