What'd ya give/get for Valentine's Day?

GAVE: A Kepi Ghoulie Valentine's Day card (177/200), two customized Vling necklaces that said my lady's name in cursive and a really nice sapphire/diamond necklace that I got from Macy's and probably spent waaaaay too much on.

GOT: A heart-shaped pizza from Lou Malnati's, a selection of gourmet cupcakes from some boutique bakery in Chicago (including a bacon cupcake!) and a Minus The Bear Beer Commercials notebook (SO STOKED ON THIS! Every time those go on sale, they always disappear in five minutes and I never get one).

We also went out to a fancy-ass dinner at this restaurant in downtown Cleveland called One Walnut. I had a $100 gift certificate I won at my company Christmas party and it only covered 2/3s of the bill. So yeah, kinda pricey.

What did you and your significant other exchange?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i made him a gift basket (see: flower pot) containing kisses, retro candy, beer soap, a mix, an orangina, and a cool card from etsy. then i gave him money to buy the beer he likes, plus lovin' of course.

the boy bought me tickets to go see rent (i loved it in high school and i didn't get to see it while it was on broadway) and the best chocolate ever. he took me out to brunch, and we had dinner at this cute japanese place we kept meaning to go to.

Gave: A chocolate painting I made, some Laserdisc movies and a cake I made and decorated that said "Shit bitch, you is fine!"

Got: a shitload of Berries n' Creme starbursts that I looove and a wishbone charm necklace that I've been searching everywhere for.

and of course we both got some booty.

I got: some records (rivethead 7", smartbomb/prevail within 7", your mother - weird al-bum 10", hamiltons 7" and antillectual - waves 7") + candy and she made me breakfast the next morning (chocolate chip pancakes)

I gave: Made a fancy dinner, organic chocolates, a food magazine subscription she wanted, and it kinda sounds like a bad V-day gift but a Wii fit... She wanted it.

Gave: A stuffed toy and some sleepwear

Got: A custom made photo album that has a bunch of photo's of us from when we first started dating till now, also had a bunch of photo's of our friends and stuff

We went white water rafting which was awesome and then went out for all you can eat sushi.

Great day/night :)

Gave: my wife some hand-blown glass earrings, a bracelet, made her a piece of art, took her to dinner at a Thai restaurant

Got: sex, a T-shirt, and a nice journal/scrapbook

*Note-we have a baby coming so decided not to spend a lot of money on each other. The fact that my mom kept our daughter and the lady and I got to spend some time together was the best part.

Didn't give any presents

but I got a copy of Scott Pilgrim Vol.5 from someone. A shit t-shirt from someone else and A Gay Blades 7" from someone else. Don't know who they're all from, just it's 3 different people. I really wanna know who bought me SP, because that girl I would fucking marry.

Gave: A new Gucci handbag, breakfast in bed, dozen long-stem roses, made a nice dinner at home

Received: An incredible new frying pan (I love to cook and had to toss my favorite pan a few weeks ago because the nonstick surface started to flake). I broke that bitch in yesterday morning with some pancakes.

After dinner on V-day we had a nice bottle of champagne. We went out to dinner last night (Sunday) because by the time we tried to make reservations for Valentine's Day they couldn't take us until 10:30 p.m.

Gave: A new Gucci handbag, breakfast in bed, dozen long-stem roses, made a nice dinner at home

Received: An incredible new frying pan (I love to cook and had to toss my favorite pan a few weeks ago because the nonstick surface started to flake). I broke that bitch in yesterday morning with some pancakes.

After dinner on V-day we had a nice bottle of champagne. We went out to dinner last night (Sunday) because by the time we tried to make reservations for Valentine's Day they couldn't take us until 10:30 p.m.

Cast iron motherfucker. That shit'll never flake and give you cancer.

I made my GF a huge, expensive dinner. The catch is that I never ever cook, and I'm not all that good at it. The dinner turned out awesome though.

The night before the GF took me out for dinner to a place that had the most beers on tap I've ever heard of. I tried the Dogfishhead Imperial Stout. It was an 18% alcohol beer, but it still tasted great and I only needed one. haha