Album Cover Game!

pjaicomo

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love that "Hong Kong films of 1976" cover.

First one I got:

[image]

Kitty Litter Cake "The Very Young Judge Us" (Victory 2009)

Sixth album from the inventor of Kittycore.

Four best ones among the next ten or so:

[image]

Millard Fillmore "I'm Going To Succeed As Myself" (Moving Units 2009)

Debut album from this EZ-liz soul man.

[image]

Nissan G Engine "You Must Set Yourself On Fire" (Touch & Go 1993)

Only release from this short-lived post-rock quartet, which borrowed heavily from Slint and Bitch Magnet.

[image]

Holly Blue "Three Blind Dudes And A German Dictionary" (Warner 1978)

Holly Blue was a folk-rock rebel who mysteriously disappeared in 1986. This, her eleventh full length, was quickly recalled by Warner after a public outcry against Blue's lyrics. The album is near impossible to come by these days.

[image]

Nursing in the United Kingdom "Kick Off Your Shoes, And Dance" (Domino 2009)

Debut from these three Glasgow girls. Like a masculine version of Franz Ferdinand.

Some of you really struggle with the rules.

Also, square. Make them square.

For the people that may not know how to make them square, why don't you go ahead and give a Tutorial on how to. Feel free to do one for each MS Paint and Photoshop.

If you really don't know how to crop a photo into a square shape in Photoshop, there's really absolutely no fucking hope for you or you're too old to understand technology.

I haven't used MS Paint in over five years so I have no idea if there's a crop tool. I can't remember, but if it's easy in Photoshop, it can't be that much harder in Paint.

Awesome way to kill 30 minutes! Mine worked out pretty nicely:

[image]

German born Francis Hueffer uses his talents to weave an intricately balanced cloth of dark edge and pop sensibility while maintaining the focus on both as separate entities. Perhaps his recent move to Gothenburg, Sweden has further driven him to express both sides of the coin through this musical endeavor, but, regardless of reasoning, the two faces shine brightly even on the darkest days. Consisting mostly of songs which have circulated as sparse acoustic demos for the last few months and another four new tracks the album is rounded out by several local friends and his own multi-instrumental abilities. He'll be touring Europe this Spring and then every season from now until forever.