attn: adults

adammuzzy

i have a question.

ok.

i bought a pack of cigs at the store, and i hand the dude a 5, and telling him to put the 1.50 on my card.

flash forward a few hours, and i'm online checking my bank account balance. turns out the dude took 2.50 from my account.

i know it's a dollar. seriously a dollar. but i think that's so fucked up, because he came within 20 cents of overdrafting my account, which wouldn't be fucking cool at all.

what should i do about getting this dollar back!

Guest smccown13

Elbow drop. That's all I have to say.

Edit: Just go and explain the situation. Customer is always right. It's not the dollar, it's the principle. He at least needs to know he made a mistake.

Sometimes, if you spend under $10, convienence stores add a surcharge for using debt/credit cards. It cost them , so they pass this off to you. Was there a sign posted?

Doing this actually violates the store's TOS agreement with the credit card company. No CC company has a minimum charge amount for transactions, and they state clearly in their contracts with retailers that it is against their policy to enforce something with consumers.

Sometimes, if you spend under $10, convienence stores add a surcharge for using debt/credit cards. It cost them , so they pass this off to you. Was there a sign posted?

Doing this actually violates the store's TOS agreement with the credit card company. No CC company has a minimum charge amount for transactions, and they state clearly in their contracts with retailers that it is against their policy to enforce something with consumers.

Still doesn't deter people. I haven't been in yearss, but I know even the McDonalds near my house charges for debit/credit transactions. It's shitty, but just one more reason for me not to go.

I think Paypal has a similar policy, though many online stores still charge you for it.

i want to quit smoking.

so hard though!

why is it easier to quit illegal things than legal things!

The nicotine in cigarettes has the same affect on your body as when you feel good about doing something, the neurotransmitters involved in the synapse and such. So when you smoke, your body is making you feel good about smoking.