Metallica re-issues

This is a quote from the Metallica website:

"While we're finishing up the new album, we told the dudes at the record company we thought it might be cool to dust off the old tapes and get all retro with some vinyl re-releases... First up are the first two albums (duh!?), "Kill ?Em All" and "Ride the Lightning," coming out on April 15 in North America and pretty fucking close to that in the rest of the world.

There will be two versions...one like the original on a single disc spinning at 33 1/3, the other a two disc, 180 gram vinyl, 45 rpm package all in a double gatefold. The music was half speed mastered from the original analog tapes at Mobile Fidelity to bring you audiophile quality.

Both versions will be available in the online store here and over at Met Club. Oh, and in case you were wondering, "Master" and "Justice" will obviously be next and should be coming out on vinyl in June."

I'll definitely be buying all of these on 2xLP 45rpm.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a quote from the Metallica website:

"While we're finishing up the new album, we told the dudes at the record company we thought it might be cool to dust off the old tapes and get all retro with some vinyl re-releases... First up are the first two albums (duh!?), "Kill ?Em All" and "Ride the Lightning," coming out on April 15 in North America and pretty fucking close to that in the rest of the world.

There will be two versions...one like the original on a single disc spinning at 33 1/3, the other a two disc, 180 gram vinyl, 45 rpm package all in a double gatefold. The music was half speed mastered from the original analog tapes at Mobile Fidelity to bring you audiophile quality.

Both versions will be available in the online store here and over at Met Club. Oh, and in case you were wondering, "Master" and "Justice" will obviously be next and should be coming out on vinyl in June."

I'll definitely be buying all of these on 2xLP 45rpm.

Wow Metallica News I can actually give two shits about!

I too am in for the 2XLP 45 Full set

I don't give a shit about this band, but wow, talk about progress! I can't believe a band of their stature has noticed the increasing interest in vinyl and is supporting it.

Not much of a Metallica fan but even when everyone else droppd off the vinyl bandwagon, Metallica always pressed their shit on vinyl, always. They're one of the last bands that can be considered as 'noticing the increased interest' because they absolutely never stopped. Just sayin'

I don't give a shit about this band, but wow, talk about progress! I can't believe a band of their stature has noticed the increasing interest in vinyl and is supporting it.

Not much of a Metallica fan but even when everyone else droppd off the vinyl bandwagon, Metallica always pressed their shit on vinyl, always. They're one of the last bands that can be considered as 'noticing the increased interest' because they absolutely never stopped. Just sayin'

Fair enough -- my post was meant to be a compliment, not an insult. :)

Dude, Pearl Jam have been putting everything they do out on vinyl, as well as stuff that's vinyl-only. That's "keeping it real" at its finest.

Fair enough -- my post was meant to be a compliment, not an insult. :)

Oh, no doubt.

I remember riding my bike to the record store and buying Metallica's black album and Springsteen's Human Touch and Lucky Town because they were the only new releases available on vinyl.