your record collection after you're dead

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scriptedrain
Since I collect with Jess, I really don't know what would happen to them.

I know what happens, she kills you and takes the record.

NEVER MERGE!

She wouldn't have to kill me to own the records... she already does!

MERGE! (As long as you're sure she's the one)

I would want my wife to sell my collection on ebay and make enough money that my death doesn't leave her poor.

You don't have life insurance? Shit, I'm worth more dead than alive!!

No one in my family gets along with my father, and one of the last things he said to me was "hell, I should just commit suicide. I've got 2 life insurance policies, I'm worth more to you all dead than alive."

I just stayed silent, because I wasn't about to say "yea, kill yourself dad!" because there's something wrong with that, but... it's probably true.

Guest scriptedrain
Since I collect with Jess, I really don't know what would happen to them.

I have nightmares about you two breaking up, her taking everything and you ending up in a clock tower screaming about deleted Death Cab for Cutie singles with a rifle.

Hahaha

You don't have life insurance? Shit, I'm worth more dead than alive!!

No one in my family gets along with my father, and one of the last things he said to me was "hell, I should just commit suicide. I've got 2 life insurance policies, I'm worth more to you all dead than alive."

I just stayed silent, because I wasn't about to say "yea, kill yourself dad!" because there's something wrong with that, but... it's probably true.

life insurance doesn't pay out for suicide

life insurance doesn't pay out for suicide

Some do. As long as the police wasn't taken out immediately before.

However, I don't know if my policy does.

If any of you are unsure, I'd be glad to keep your records for you so nothing happens to them.

Other than that, I don't really give a shit what happens to my records. I'd be dead! I imagine my wife would keep what she wants, let our friends pick through the rest, and sell anything remaining.

Guest falloutcollapse

I think I should at a post-it to every record saying how much I paid for it. Then if I died in some freak accident before I have a family, I'd instruct my best friend to come on here and post my collection with the price attached to each corresponding record. That way, I don't die a flipper :)

But later down the line, I'll give them to my wife or my kids or something.

Guest genericinsight

I will likely leave all of them to my best friend since she is one of the few people I know that not only is an avid collector but would be interested in a good amount of stuff I own. The irony would not be lost though - several of the records I own were birthday/Christmas presents she gave to me over the years, so she'd be getting them back. Hah. I'm sure she'd appreciate it overall though getting all of my records.

I guess I've never really thought about it because, at the age of 21, I tend not to think about my own death. If Jeff was still alive, he'd obviously keep them since they are his too. If not and it was after we had kids, they'd go to them. If it's before we have kids, I died way too young and really don't care who gets them.