No More Colored Vinyl?

This sounds like bullshit to me, but I figured I'd post it anyway. This was on a listing for a copy of T. Rex "The Slider". I've never heard this before. Can anyone confirm or deny this:

BULLETIN: Mymusicfix has been told that the EPA will no longer allow the vinyl industry to produce colored vinyl products because of its lead content. So collectors of colored vinyl pressings need to stay on top of the titles they want to own in colored vinyl because this product will now become some of the rarest collectibles in the vinyl industry.

i'm guessing this is totally fake, but if it WAS true, could you imagine how much that would change record collecting as it has become?

what would companies start doing? variant covers? variant labels? variant inserts?

i'd be really interested (if this were true) to see how the labels would adapt.

i'm guessing this is totally fake, but if it WAS true, could you imagine how much that would change record collecting as it has become?

what would companies start doing? variant covers? variant labels? variant inserts?

They could start just putting records on black vinyl. How crazy would that be? You would all start slitting your wrists probably.

They could start just putting records on black vinyl. How crazy would that be? You would all start slitting your wrists probably.

You're such a hypocrite. Who has two copies of Guitar Romantic on pink and one on black "just because"?

http://www.leadcheck.com/PB-24.html

there is lead in most vinyl products. i doubt the fact that it's colored makes a difference. vinyl records aren't as big of a problem or present a big of a health hazard as paint, children's toys, or lunch boxes so i can't see the government banning the manufacturing of any kind of record.

You're such a hypocrite. Who has two copies of Guitar Romantic on pink and one on black "just because"?

I actualy have 2 on pink incase something happens to the other one.

Bullshit, I don't believe it....and especially after reading who the information came from. There are new lead laws that are going to be going in effect, but if I recall it's going to effect childrens toys, cloths etc.. So that will mean no kid records...But I wouldn't think it would effect anything else...but really I don't know shit....only reason I know a little about the lead law is some of the stuff we sell where I work is for kids. Rhinestones are something that have lead in them...we can't sell any children things with rhinestones, but if its sold for adults its OK. Just don't eat your records you'll be OK.

whoa whoa...he's got two backup copies because if he's smart he doesn't ever stop jamming that record.