Inglourious Basterds

I don't know how I feel about it, I love WWII, Brad Pitt, and violence, but I haven't really enjoyed anything by Terentino for some reason. Everyone raves about his dialogue, but I don't enjoy it much, and his camera angles and cuts and everything are really irritating most of the time, and I HATE that he puts his ugly face in every movie. 2.5 hours is a long time, too. I generally can't sit through movies that are a third-less of the time.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how I feel about it, I love WWII, Brad Pitt, and violence, but I haven't really enjoyed anything by Terentino for some reason. Everyone raves about his dialogue, but I don't enjoy it much, and his camera angles and cuts and everything are really irritating most of the time, and I HATE that he puts his ugly face in every movie. 2.5 hours is a long time, too. I generally can't sit through movies that are a third-less of the time.

Unless I totally missed it, Tarantino's not in this movie. Also, did anyone stay after the credits? Was there anything?

Unless I totally missed it, Tarantino's not in this movie. Also, did anyone stay after the credits? Was there anything?

He directed it

Saw it yesterday. Not a huge Terentino fan, but really liked this film. Stayed after the credits and there was nothing.

This is Jordan Buckley's review:

Maybe spoilers? I haven't seen it. Nothing major seems like its in here, but just to cover the myself...

INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS PROS: the bear jew. i love intertwining story lines. the ending. surprisingly high LOL count. great violence.

INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS cons: long. brad pitts' johnny knoxville impression. too much reading. mike myers cameo. violence to subtitle ratio.

Were other peoples' theater crowds as jovial as mine? Our audience found a lot of humor in the film (not that I disagreed with 'em!). Just wondering if everyone else was the same, or if they were pumping in laughing gas.

I thought the movie was pretty damn funny, but the theater I was in was pretty quiet for the most part, except for me and a couple others.

SPOILERS:

There aren't many movies where I feel there is true feelings of hate behind what is on screen, but during the scene when the movie theater was burning I was feeling pretty uncomfortable. I mean, it was meant to feel that way, but damn. The comparison between the light comedy leading up to that and utter brutality during it really made that scene fucking intense.

Also, the German dude totally stole the show. Pitt was funny, but it was marketed as if he was the star, which he was not.

Great movie.