so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

first off Michaels will almost always drymount your print, so don't use them.  Drymount mean they glue it to a backing board, so it's no longer a print.  If for some reason the print is expensive or becomes expensive having drymounted will kill any value the print has.

I either just sandwich the print in place.  it's annoying to pull off and has the chance of slipping over time, but I don't want tape or glue anywhere near my stuff.

photo corners work pretty well for me.  the Mallrats poster I just showed is held in place with photo corners.  two photo corners on the bottom and the print will stay in place.  they are annoying to work with and can sometimes be seen up close, what evers.

i have a "thing" for PGMG posters.  

i have one from a show when they opened for Les Savy Far.  i was told the Les Savy Fav drummer made it.  It's kinda crappy but I love it.  

445:15084.jpg

i just checked my expressobeans collection, i think i only have 4 PGMG posters but i love them all.

I typically just but the size of the matte I need at michaels along with a frame when they're half priced. I haven't framed anything of awkward size yet, so I can always find frames and mattes that are already cut for pretty cheap. If your print is 16x20 you'll have zero trouble. I use a light tape (like a painters tape) to hold the print in place, this makes sure the print doesn't get torn if I ever need to change the frame.

I'm pretty excited that El Jefe is now printing posters in 18x24 to make buying frames easier, but now the OCD part of me wants to cut down the others to have them match and buy new 18x24 frames to replace the 20x28 frames. Consistency I guess. It'd be nice to have his collection in one size, but I need to find someone at michael's who will cut it right. Thinking about buying that Handwritten poster today but I already have 4 gaslight anthem posters. Do I really need another? Even if it does look awesome. That charity print too, if it wasn't so expensive now. So many wants!

Just throwing this out here, If anyone knows anyone who is selling that Horrible Crowes poster from the Troubadour show they did, I want it! Badly! I'll buy or trade for it. 

I'm pretty excited that El Jefe is now printing posters in 18x24 to make buying frames easier, but now the OCD part of me wants to cut down the others to have them match and buy new 18x24 frames to replace the 20x28 frames. Consistency I guess. It'd be nice to have his collection in one size, but I need to find someone at michael's who will cut it right. Thinking about buying that Handwritten poster today but I already have 4 gaslight anthem posters. Do I really need another? Even if it does look awesome. That charity print too, if it wasn't so expensive now. So many wants!

Just throwing this out here, If anyone knows anyone who is selling that Horrible Crowes poster from the Troubadour show they did, I want it! Badly! I'll buy or trade for it. 

dont cut your prints.

image_81.jpeg

photo-1.jpg

both pieces above are by my friend Nick Rodin who is a tattooer at Black Heart in San Fransisco. the friendship one is a print, the heart is a water color painting

Hey buddy, just got off of the phone with Blackheart, they're sending me Rodin's "Friendship" print along with Scott Silva's "Snake Finger"

4f124329-7afa-42ee-9c1c-5897d335305e.jpg

Very stoked about this.  Thanks for the heads up.

I'm pretty sure they're sending me three prints for $40ppd, pretty sure they're hooking it up because A. he's your buddy and B. because I'm in goddamn Kansas of all places.  Consider me stoked.  Do you know the measurements on that Friendship print?  I'd like to start looking at frames and maybe find a spot on my wall for this.  My walls are full now and I really don't want to take anything down.  Man, apartment life sucks sometimes.  First world problems I suppose. 

Thats awesome, what a deal. Do you know who the 3rd print is from?

My print is locked tight in its frame so im not 100% on the actual size but the opening of the matte i have it in is 23 3/4x 7 3/4 so maybe the print is 24x8? Its also a really old print (its dated '03) so i dont know if hes re-printed and changed the size since then. Im honestly surprised its still in print.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered five frames with acid-free foamcore and Uv-protected non-glare cover for about $25ppd each from this one site that seems pretty legit. They had a 10% off coupon, so that was cool. I'm not expecting anything super high-grade, but I'm sure they'll look nice.

Hey Kevin,

How did those frames come out?  I am tempted to purchase some frames and might go through them if they seemed decent.

I would have PMed but I figure others might have been curious about that site's frames too.  Thanks man!

Guest tms2787

Any one into movie posters? I have a shit ton of official double-sided movie theater one sheets ranging from late 2005-end of 2008 from when I worked in a movie theater.