so is anyone into collection prints/posters also?

coldober

Hey Kevin,

How did those frames come out? I am tempted to purchase some frames and might go through them if they seemed decent.

I would have PMed but I figure others might have been curious about that site's frames too. Thanks man!

The frames themselves are actually really good, in my opinion. They're not meant for galleries or anything. The actual frame of the style I ordered (the part you see from the front) is thin. They all came packed really well. Super fast shipping. Easy to put together. The only thing I don't like is the UV-protective cover. It's kinda got this dull look to it. But I think that's cuz I ordered the "non-glare" version. But I'm not sure, since I've never had this type of frame before. I'll take some pics when I have time.

The frames themselves are actually really good, in my opinion. They're not meant for galleries or anything. The actual frame of the style I ordered (the part you see from the front) is thin. They all came packed really well. Super fast shipping. Easy to put together. The only thing I don't like is the UV-protective cover. It's kinda got this dull look to it. But I think that's cuz I ordered the "non-glare" version. But I'm not sure, since I've never had this type of frame before. I'll take some pics when I have time.

Awesome, thanks for letting me know.  i look forward to the pics and might have to try them out sometime.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

To those that were into the beautiful prints that came with the new Braveyoung album...the artist, Thomas Sara, has a bunch of incredible prints available here: http://www.drmcoat.com/category/sara 

I'd love to have some of these!

Also - I'm sure it's already been mentioned here, but has anyone seen some of the amazing silkscreen posters available from miles to go?  Artists' take on classic works of literature.  I just ordered the prints for 1984 and The Illustrated Man yesterday - http://store.milestogoclothing.com/

These ones are in my living room right now, although pulled down because we're painting this weekend/week.

I just bought IKEA stromby frames and used scrapbooking backgrounds for them... low rent but it works for me.

Ween 40 Watt (with red velvet background) (163/250)

9063714768_bc5732f068_d.jpg

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum (signed by band)

9061487437_759b4b8015_d.jpg

Tortoise/Disappears Cat's Cradle

9063713074_9e45f2d387_d.jpg

These two are going up in the den/computer room (clearance Pier One frames that are wood with glass... looks nice, I think)

Deerhoof/Experimental Dental School Cat's Cradle (one of a kind?)

9061479671_1d4df42d21_d.jpg

Marco Benevento Trio Duke Coffee House 14/25

9061477771_bf112afdd2_d.jpg

New one that will be going up in the living room from the recent Primus/Gov't Mule show 193/200

9061481913_9a3acd36b6_d.jpg

Just need to decide what kind of background to put behind it.
I have a ton more (maybe 75 or so gig posters) that I should try to take some pictures of some time.

we had a ton of flooding in my basement this past week, and i had my entire poster collection stored in a cardboard box directly next to the sink where it all went down. i can't even begin to comprehend how, but not a single one was ruined.

Ian i love those simkins prints.  i always wanted to pick one up but i am not really a print guy and would much rather spend the money on other things. 

also are there any good monster prints??  ya know the mummy, drac, frankenstein and the sort.  i want to spruce up my record room.

So you posted this a while ago, but I hadn't been checking the thread often (cause it tempts me too much).

Got this set of Monster Prints from Quyen Dinh (Parlor Print Tattoos) on Etsy. They are only 8x10, but as a set they'll look nice once framed. She also has some really rad Star Wars sets as well.

233976d8cf4111e2a0fd22000aa8039a_7.jpg