Record you won't ever find.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cursive - Storms of Early Summer on white. Didn't think it actually existed until one popped up on eBay a month or two ago. Went for over $100, so that's going to have to wait.

They come up pretty regularly. 200g (or maybe 220?) white. I've been trying to grab one for at least a few years, but they always go to high for me. They generally sell between 50-100ish.

I would have to say the one I don't expect to find is Sparta - Porcelain on white. I'm not much of a variant collector, but I would love to find this (for a reasonable price).

Cursive - Storms of Early Summer on white. Didn't think it actually existed until one popped up on eBay a month or two ago. Went for over $100, so that's going to have to wait.

They come up pretty regularly. 200g (or maybe 220?) white. I've been trying to grab one for at least a few years, but they always go to high for me. They generally sell between 50-100ish.

I would have to say the one I don't expect to find is Sparta - Porcelain on white. I'm not much of a variant collector, but I would love to find this (for a reasonable price).

I never heard of Porcelain on white, what was the deal with that? U.S. pressing?

I've only seen SoES on white once on ebay in the last two years or so and it went for $121. Black comes up more often. I know the black is 220g, I assume the white is as well. Never knew Porcelain was on white too, hmmm.

This thread was supposed to be about records you would never own because of rarity, then it sort of turned into a list of mostly common records that people dont want to spend any sort of money on.

Glad to see it jumped back on track a little.

For me, probably the Rocky V 7" test presses I am missing. I've tried contacting labels, and friends of labels, and nothing works. Oh well.

If anyone knows anyone at Barsuk (or defunct Redwood Records), let me know. Haha.

I never heard of Porcelain on white, what was the deal with that? U.S. pressing?
Never knew Porcelain was on white too, hmmm.

I've never seen one. Only know of it's existence because someone on this board (Justin I think?) has one. I bought mine as soon as it came out, and a friend bought one on tour, so I figure it can't be an early or tour press...maybe a friends press or something? All I know is I want one. Bad.

http://vinylcollective.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39903&start=0#719999

Never knew Porcelain was on white too, hmmm.

I've never seen one. Only know of it's existence because someone on this board (Justin I think?) has one. I bought mine as soon as it came out, and a friend bought one on tour, so I figure it can't be an early or tour press...maybe a friends press or something? All I know is I want one. Bad.

yep, I have this on White, I'll post pictures if you wanna see?

see below post

Well damn, here I was thinking a complete Sparta collection wouldn't be altogether that difficult. Mystery press!

Well damn, here I was thinking a complete Sparta collection wouldn't be altogether that difficult. Mystery press!

Yeah I guess so...I bought it new from a store a year or two after it had come out so...it wasn't any weird pre-release version, just a fluke thing when I bought it, I've never seen another copy so I assumed they were all on white to match the artwork.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I guess so...I bought it new from a store a year or two after it had come out so...it wasn't any weird pre-release version, just a fluke thing when I bought it, I've never seen another copy so I assumed they were all on white to match the artwork.

so i finally remembered to pull this out and take a picture of it...and it's on black...i probably added this to my tradelist one of the times when I had to rebuild it from a crash, up way too late and just deliriously typed white into the list from looking at the cover...oh well mystery solved, relax Sparta collectors, you have one less variant to track down. rejoice!

does it even exist? that song came out right around the time when 7" singles were being phased out in favor of cassette singles in the US.

if anything, there might be a UK 7" single for it.

It exists, it's pretty well documented in reference books, including one where the individual has every record in his book. I believe it's actually a reissue of sorts, I think it came out a year or two after the peak of its popularity.

I may be able to get my hands on one. I'll see what I can do.