+/- about your day

+ New $3 battery brought my phone back to life.

+ The girl I was going to ask out, but she ended up talking to someone, is no longer talking to him. It looks like it's high time to try again.

- Still zero fucking responses on both dating sites I'm on. I feel pretty horrible about it. Realy hurting the old self-esteem, that's already pretty shitty right now.

- ebay is pissing me off with their shipping cap. I could only do $4 for a LE game, which ended up costing me $8 to ship, plus go out and buy a special box and bubble wrap for it.

- just got home from work

- have to box up 14 ebay auctions tonight but have no will to

- health insurance is fucking with me and wont fill my prescriptions and i am almost out of my diabetes supplies. cock suckers!

+ got some box suite tickets to tomorrow nights lightning game which comes with free beers and food.

+ think we are gonna go on vacation soon to visit my old roommate up in MLPS

+ Friends from out of town will be here this week, and we are all going out on Sat night. it will be good to catch up and blow off steam (get super hammered)

+ getting over my sickness/cold.

+ met some rad new folks today who love Ty Segall as much as we do.

+ met a cat today and gave it a meal.

+ that cat's now hanging out on the couch.

+/- we're going to post signs around the neighborhood to look for its owner but Mellie's already named it and gotten attached.

+ got the first issue of a collaborative 'zine I've been working on in the mail today from my 'zine partner. Looks solid and I'm stoked to get some copies onto the shelves at Quimby's (local Chicago 'zine mecca).

+ listening to way too much obscure 90's emocore.

- a good friend of mine from work was apparently stabbed this weekend. They sent an email out at work saying he got stabbed at a bowling alley. It said his family would like privacy but I'm considering phoning the hospitals tomorrow to see where he is and trying to go visit. Super bummed.

+ mock Chicken salad sandwiches for dinner tonight!

do you find a moral dilemma in enjoying the artificial flavor of dead animal?

I just saw this - hahah. It's mock chicken salad in theory as it has a similar composition (eggless mayo, relish, onions, carrots, etc) but the stand in for the chicken is called textured vegetable protein (tvp) - chances are you've had it (it's commonly used in public school lunches for meals such as sloppy joes since tvp is cheaper than ground beef). The taste is slightly dissimilar to 'real' chicken salad - admittedly, I find no moral dilemna in enjoying mock animal textures and flavors. Some of my clients refuse those mock meats due to the near identical textures to the real thing.

I uh, went way too in depth with this...

- Fucking weather changes keep fucking with my sinuses. I feel like shit today, and can't breathe.

- The landlord for the apartment I wanted to get just started avoiding my calls and emails. Must have found a "better" tenant.

+absolutely ridiculously gorgeous weather today. most of the weekend's snow is gone, and i was able to cruise around windows down, sunroof open, and no need for a jacket

+got some stuff sorted out at school today- i know i keep saying it, but this last semester is going to be such a breeze

+cleaned out my car for the first time in at least a year. My trunk was a disaster, and i nearly filled two trash bags

+went to northampton and picked up Miniature Tigers - Fortress lp and had a damn good slice of za

+its not even 4:00, and im motivated to accomplish more.

Guest errolwest

+ The girl I was going to ask out, but she ended up talking to someone, is no longer talking to him. It looks like it's high time to try again.

- Still zero fucking responses on both dating sites I'm on. I feel pretty horrible about it. Realy hurting the old self-esteem, that's already pretty shitty right now.

this is something i figured out recently. when you feel shitty about life/yourself, girls have some voodoo way of knowing. its weird. and i know its easier said than done, but you have to break that cycle until you get some sign of interest from a female, then it starts to get easier. buy some new clothes, dont drink to get drunk, stop trying and have fun. things will probably fall into place

I've been trying to improve me life quite a bit, bought pretty much a whole new wardrobe, actually styling my hair, dyed it. I just can't shake my funk. Shit sucks.

Guest errolwest
I've been trying to improve me life quite a bit, bought pretty much a whole new wardrobe, actually styling my hair, dyed it. I just can't shake my funk. Shit sucks.

i spent the last 2 years in a real shitty funk, its hard to break out of, but just try to keep your head up as best you can. you'll get there man!

+ I got the apartment. Going to met with the building manager tomorrow to get the lease signed.

+/- I'm giving up on online dating for now. It sounds dumb, but I think I need to fix a few things in my life before I can date.

+ Thinking the way I do above has been pretty good on my depression.

- Arms and legs hurt again. It seems to reoccur every few months.

+ My new boo is coming to my game tonight.

+ I'm on a 5-game coaching win streak.

+/- We're playing the #1 team in the league tonight, and it could be bad, but we've been playing really, really well lately.

+ We've also been practicing well.

+ Game film! I love this stuff. I need to be a professional coach.

+ I got the apartment.

+/- I'm giving up on online dating for now. It sounds dumb, but I think I need to fix a few things in my life before I can date.

When you are going to try it again, google: "ok cupid what to say in a first message" to give yourself an idea of what sorts of things are good for your first message. I found that I only really got responses back on like 10-15% of the messages I sent, and only the messages initiated by the other sex were few and far between.

I tried online dating for a while (still have an account), and it was fairly successful. When I say successful, I mean multiple dates/short relationships. None of the girls I ended up going out with were weird/psycho, and only one of them actually was misleading with her pictures.

My roommate met his very attractive girlfriend from an online dating site and they have been together for over a year now.

That said, it is not for everyone. In a year of online dating, the most meaningful relationship I have had has still been one that happened after meeting in a real-world situation, not online.

I think the area around here to just too small for there to be too many decent girls trying online dating. There was only like 1 or 2 girls on each site that really piqued my interest, and I got no response. I think I need to get over being all depressed and having no confidence before I can really start trying to talk to girls I met out, but obviously that is much easier said then done. Hopefully I can do something soon though, I feel like I'm getting old and all my friends are starting to drift away into family mode, which makes me feel more depressed just sitting around doing nothing.

Hopefully I can do something soon though, I feel like I'm getting old and all my friends are starting to drift away into family mode, which makes me feel more depressed just sitting around doing nothing.

i think i'd be more depressed if i was 25/26 and going into family mode. you're still young. there's plenty of time to settle down and start a family.