+/- about your day

Guest markovianprocess

+ I've been playing Halo Reach all day.

+ I got 4 albums and 4 7'' records for £20 delivered...

- ...but only because an awesome UK distro is shutting down.

I WANNA CALL ANDREW WK! I WOULD TALK TO HIM ABOUT PARTYING AND HE WOULD HATE ME FOR IT AT FIRST BUT THEN HE'D BE ALL "JUST PLAYING! PARTYING FUCKING RUUUUUUUUUUUULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

And then somehow, we'd highfive.

- uneventful day

- aunt said she's pay my phone bill for my bday and failed too. So i got my phone shut off and i had to pay for it myself. It's bad enough i didn't get so much as a dinner for my birthday, had to work a double, and now this. great fuckin' b-day.

- women find me weird and unattractive. go figure

+ my elvis costello collection is coming along nicely.

+ Someone gave my mom $13,000 for her benefit.

+ The benefit is coming together (10 days away)

- I get crazy-bad "host disorder" - every time I have something resembling a party, people visiting me, etc. and I'm for some reason getting anxious that the benefit is going to suck entertainment-wise and people are going to be mad they came.

+ I am starting to get sub. teaching assignments, so I can maybe afford to buy stuff again (particularly some real food... I've had way too much ramen lately)

- Ugh, waking up early again.

+ Someone gave my mom $13,000 for her benefit.

+ The benefit is coming together (10 days away)

- I get crazy-bad "host disorder" - every time I have something resembling a party, people visiting me, etc. and I'm for some reason getting anxious that the benefit is going to suck entertainment-wise and people are going to be mad they came.

+ I am starting to get sub. teaching assignments, so I can maybe afford to buy stuff again (particularly some real food... I've had way too much ramen lately)

- Ugh, waking up early again.

Good luck on the real food -- ramen can only last but so long haha

- allergies are awful and feeling pretty sick because of it

+++ get to meet my sister's new dog for the first time today! she and her husband just adopted a retired racing greyhound and he's adorable.

+ get to eat the cake tonight that i made for my friend's birthday!

++My new band has 3 songs. Should be playing shows in a month

+++My solo project has 4 songs. Should be playing shows in a month.

+ Since quitting smoking a month ago, I can now jog 3 miles without stopping.

- I jogged three miles without stopping, then immediately went and played drums for 2 1/2 hours...my body is going to implode.

+ I've been feeling good so far about the material I am learning in school...junior level electrical engineering courses sure are fun! :P

+++ my band won a critic's pick for "Best Acid Funk Jazz Instrumental Trio" at Creative Loafing's (a regional publication) yearly 'Best of the Bay' awards show...though I can safely say there isn't really any competition for us in that particular category haha.

- I have exams in both network analysis (circuits/calculus) and electromagnetics next week...

+ I've been feeling good so far about the material I am learning in school...junior level electrical engineering courses sure are fun! :P

+++ my band won a critic's pick for "Best Acid Funk Jazz Instrumental Trio" at Creative Loafing's (a regional publication) yearly 'Best of the Bay' awards show...though I can safely say there isn't really any competition for us in that particular category haha.

- I have exams in both network analysis (circuits/calculus) and electromagnetics next week...

What's the name of your band?

+/- Changed my entire diet and way of thinking about food. Hard to change your feelings about something used for comfort into something used only for energy and nutrition. Taking some time but I understand it will be a long process. Lost my first 20 in less then a month and am excited about the next 20. Actually enjoying getting up early in the morning and working out/making my lunch for work.

The pro's of this are pretty obvious. Outside of being healthier and looking better my mind is a little clearer, my day to day mood has improved and I am getting more done around the house/at work.

The only con's are things I will get used to with time. Starting my day at 5 am and thus being wiped out earlier at night. Giving up most of my social life for the time being to focus on this goal. No partying/going out to eat etc. This used to happen a few times a week now it is hardly ever. Trying to change my entire diet while living with someone who isn't doing the same. This is frustrating for a few reasons. I am also oddly emotional lately. Like I mentioned before I am much happier from the start to the end of my day but a few things that have happened to me in the last few weeks got a reaction out of me that surprised me.

Congradulations on that!

+/- Changed my entire diet and way of thinking about food. Hard to change your feelings about something used for comfort into something used only for energy and nutrition. Taking some time but I understand it will be a long process. Lost my first 20 in less then a month and am excited about the next 20. Actually enjoying getting up early in the morning and working out/making my lunch for work.

The pro's of this are pretty obvious. Outside of being healthier and looking better my mind is a little clearer, my day to day mood has improved and I am getting more done around the house/at work.

The only con's are things I will get used to with time. Starting my day at 5 am and thus being wiped out earlier at night. Giving up most of my social life for the time being to focus on this goal. No partying/going out to eat etc. This used to happen a few times a week now it is hardly ever. Trying to change my entire diet while living with someone who isn't doing the same. This is frustrating for a few reasons. I am also oddly emotional lately. Like I mentioned before I am much happier from the start to the end of my day but a few things that have happened to me in the last few weeks got a reaction out of me that surprised me.

It's definitely best to find a partner/friend when it comes to changing up anything in one's life.

I did exactly what you've done and I went from 230 to 197 in a month (I'm 6'2" but I need to be 185). I didn't get to exercise more, I just ate more often consisting of better foods, allowing myself to build a much better metabolism. The only exercise I get is playing frisbee golf.

Because you're changing your body's diet, it's rearranging some of your natural bodily (emotional) responses. It's trying to find a balance (I'll say it: homeostasis), when your reaction surprises you, it's a cry out from your body saying "hey, what the crap is going on?" Keep up the change, and message me if you need any help or kick in the ass to keep going haha.

What's the name of your band?

Worldwide Zoo...there is a link in the ol' sig.

Congradulations on that!

Thanks, we were stoked and slightly surprised ourselves. ;D